Epilogue

To the garden of our dreams

THE GARDEN had not changed since she last came. It kept that sweet fragrance of blooms and the enchanting aura of magic enveloped her once again. 

She gazed across the grand expanse of the pond she used to love, her eyes sparkled with delight as she admired the lily pads in blooms, their white or pink petals catching the soft breeze. She inhaled slowly. Peace.

She lifted her flowery dress as she passed on the small bridge across the pond and with a graceful step, she crossed over before taking off her sandals wanting to feel the softness of the grass beneath her feet.

She wandered around picking flowers here and there with her translucent hands before finding a carved wooden bench. She settled on it, basking in the warmth of the sun that embraced her spectral essence and she smiled with delight as nature embraced her ghostly form with open arms.

Longing to see more of the garden she got up and carried on through a flowery path she knew by heart. And as she strolled along the winding path, she spotted amid the blossoming lavender and the vibrant daisies a familiar figure equally translucent, busy weeding.

Smiling softly she approached the man and he lifted his head feeling her presence.

He was there just as she remembered him–a spectral reflection of the man she once knew. His eyes held the same sweetness and warmth and his golden brown locks were as beautiful as ever, framing his handsome face.

A gentle smile formed on Evelyn's translucent visage as she approached him. "Leith," she whispered, the sound carrying the weight of nostalgia.

Leith gazed at her, a hint of recognition glimmering in his spectral eyes. "Evelyn," he responded.

"Lovely day, isn't it! Mind if I join you?" she asked, echoing the words they'd exchanged in the past.

He let out a soft smile holding out his translucent hand out to her. "Indeed it is. And of course. The more, the merrier. Have a seat," he murmured, a hint of nostalgia in his words. Evelyn couldn't suppress the wide smile that graced her face.

She gracefully accepted his hand, their incorporeal fingers intertwining together.

"I've been waiting for you," Leith confessed, his voice gentle.

Evelyn's spirit sparkled with a faint light as she responded, "And I've been searching for you for a lifetime."

As their eyes met, sweet smiles graced both of their translucent faces, as they finally shared the joy of being together once more.

"I think it's time we go Evelyn."

As the words left Leith's spectral lips, a gentle breeze swept through the garden, rustling the leaves of the bushes and trees and causing the flowers to sway in unison like a graceful dance.

Evelyn nodded softly, a knowing smile gracing her translucent features.

"Yes, Leith," she replied, her voice carrying a melody of peace. "I think it's time."

Together, they began to walk through the familiar paths of the garden, leaving behind the blooms and whispers of ancient memories.

Evelyn gazed around, admiring one last time the eternal beauty of the garden, a sense of peace and anticipation tugging at her ghostly heart.

Hand in hand, their translucent forms began to fade gently, becoming one with the soft glow of the garden.

The flowers bore the weight of their tale and the echoes of their love lingered in the air– a love that would forever resonate in the whispers of the wind.

*

*

Sat on the porch of the house with a glass of lemonade in his hands, Hongjoong gazed towards the expanse of the forest, his eyes catching a pair of fluttering robins. The playful chirps of the birds echoed like a gentle melody in the sky.

"Is the mating season still going?" Seonghwa asked incredulously, joining him on the porch with his own glass of lemonade. "I thought it had finished in spring."

"No, no, it's not," Hongjoong replied with a soft murmur. Their eyes followed the two birds as they danced in the wind, a graceful ballet against the backdrop of the forest.

"Some love stories just never truly end," Hongjoong whispered, his smile widening under Seonghwa's curious gaze.

"When the time is right, they'll find their way back to you," whispered the wind to Hongjoong. He smiled, knowing that Evelyn had been right.

After all this time, after all the heartbreak, after all the tears, after everything they had gone through, they had found each other again, in a different chapter of their endless story.

 ︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

*.✩ 𝗌𝗆𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗇𝗈𝗍𝖾:

The nostalgia guys, the nostalgia...it's finished, forever. I'm never going to write those characters ever again. It's just so sad when I think of it. 

Did you like the epilogue ? I find it just so beautiful ugh. I just love Evelyn and Leith so much. And Hongjoong recognising them kjdffgnvkj I can't, I-

I think I'll never forget this story. It was my first ever romance and it just holds a special place in my heart even though it's just a fanfic and not an original. 

It was a true struggle and I really thought I wouldn't manage to finish it and make it as it is now. But it all came together in the end.

To one of my dearest writing friends, without whom I could not imagine this journey, who has been a constant source of encouragement in every step. To Anita whose company is a light that always brightens my day. To Mai, a constant supporter, always commenting and lifting my spirit and to "myyydaaayyy6" that's been the sweetest as ever. Not to forget, a special gratitude to Lin for taking the time to share kind words on "Winter of a Lifetime."  

And finally last but not least, a heartfelt thank you to my Mum for being my editor and corrector. I believe none of my stories would be the same without her.

I'm so proud people like this story. I would never have thought.

I love you guys.

Right, I still have a lot to write, Vengeful Past is still waiting for me.

So it's back to work for me...

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : The Swan by Camille Saint-Saëns ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸

- Poppy -'ღ'-