Chapter 9

Something kept tingling inside Ryan. He couldn't wrap his head around it at all.

It's been two weeks since the dance night and this just doesn't leave his head at all. Why? Even he wants to know why. That's why he is still wide awake on his bed at 2:30 am. He turns around to see his roommate soundly sleeping.

For once he takes a good look at him, his black hair is all messy and his lips have a small pout. You can tell he is quite a messy sleeper. But that wasn't the case for Ryan. The only thought that came into his head was how peacefully he is sleeping. Who would tell that this is the same man who has ice cold eyes and a aloof nature?

Because right now in Ryan's eyes, he looks like an angel who probably suffered a lot before they met, probably he is still suffering but hides it. And Ryan can't help but think,

There must be someone really close to Ash and his friends. Someone really close and something must've happened.

But what? What happened?

-

"Wow can you believe that it's already November?" Emma says with disbelief, well time really doesn't wait for anyone right?

"Yeah and our performances are coming up soon! I'm already feeling so nervous". Liam says which makes Michelle giggle. "Come on Liam, I'm sure your band is gonna perform great".

"Well we can't wait for your film club to film everything! I mean they have an amazing director in their team". Ash smirks which makes Michelle roll her eyes. "Come on, I'm not such a professional you know".

"Oh please, you can make a trash bag look cinematic". Liam laughs, earning a punch from her.

"Well most importantly, Michelle needs to record Ash and Ryan's performance perfectly!! We're so close to seeing your guy's act". Emma exclaims with excitement, making Ryan blush at their eagerness to see their performance.

"Well the dance instructor finally seems satisfied with our practice but still wants more perfection. God knows what she wants". Ash groans, recalling all the lectures he and Ryan had to listen for their performance.

"But studies is a pain in the ass. I completely forgot that we are here for a degree". Michelle says with agony in her voice as she remembers just how much she despises studies.

"Btw Ryan, no offense but you really don't look like the businessman types. Why are you majoring in business?" Emma asks which makes Ryan slightly uncomfortable.

He is only doing it because he has no choice since his brother got kicked from the family and only he can take over their parent's wealth.

"Just...survival I guess? I have to take over my parents company one day so that's about it". He sadly smiles at the fact that he can't even do things he likes. He wanted arts but instead was shunned to study something he doesn't like.

"hmm, in all honesty, business really doesn't suit you. Maybe try changing your course? it's not like your parents will know-

"I wish I could but the price of the performing arts course is different than the one I'm currently in right now. It's okay guys, I can still dance on the side right?"

All of them felt bad for the poor boy. Well almost all, Ash did feel pity but his thirst for revenge and his hatred overpowered everything. He honestly couldn't care less and was going with his plan.

His plan? Letting the boy find out that because of his own blood, he had to suffer with his friends. He wants to see that same broken and betrayed face on Ryan that was once on his own face. Since he cannot directly cause damage to his parents, why not use him instead?