Prologue

⚠️ TW.: Abuse

Hungary was awoken by the quiet sound of his alarm going off next to his ear. His eyes sprang open, and he slammed the turn-off button.

He sat up on his bed, blinking the sleep out of his eyes as he looked around in his room, which was dimly lit by the sunlight coming from outside.

Hungary looked down, took a deep breath and got up from his bed, putting on his slippers. He opened the blinds, as well as the window to let some fresh air in.

He headed towards the door of his room, and turned left, walking down the hallways while knocking on his brother's rooms. He then proceeded to trot down the stairs quietly, and into the kitchen to have breakfast.

He took out the milk, the cereal and a bowl along with a spoon and sat down. He poured some milk into his bowl, and the cereal on top. He pressed the cereal under the milk with a yawn his tired eyes barely open.

As he began eating, Germany, his youngest brother walked into the kitchen. "Good morning." He said as he yawned and stretched his arms before plopping down onto a chair next to Hungary.

"Mornin'.." Hungary mumbled in response while chewing on his mouthful of cereal as Germany made his own dose.

Germany began eating, and as he raised the spoon to his mouth, he stopped, looking troubled. Hungary glanced up at him, raising an eyebrow. "What's up?" He asked, nodding his head towards Germany.

Germany looked down before turning his head up towards Hungary with a sigh. "I didn't shower yesterday." He said his voice hinting struggle.

Hungary's eyes widened, and he dropped his spoon into the bowl. "The fuck you mean you didn't shower?" He asked, his tone sounding slightly scolding. "If you wake her up, we're all gonna be in trouble!" He whisper-yells as Austria joins them.

"What happened?" He asked, approaching the table and sitting down. "That our wonderful little brother didn't shower yesterday, that's what!" Says Hungary in reply as Germany buries his face into his hands. "I fell asleep while studying. I woke up at my desk." he mumbles while Austria pours his cereal into a bowl, and the milk on top. "Hey, it's not that big of a deal." Austria shrugged. "He can take a quick shower after we're all done in the bathroom, and hope she won't wake up." He suggested.

Hungary sighed, rubbing his nose bridge, his eyes closed as he thinked. "Okay, fine." He said, then turned to Germany, pointing his index finger at him. "But you better be quick!" He grumbled quietly before continuing to munch on his breakfast.

As they finished eating, they put the dirty dishes into the sink and quietly walked back upstairs. Hungary and Austria quickly changed clothes, and headed into the bathroom, brushing their teeth together.

"I really hope she won't wake up to the shower." Said Hungary, his words slightly mumbled by his mouth full of toothpaste, that has turned into foam. "Me too." Said Austria after spitting out a moutful of water mixed with toothpaste.

As the two of them left the bathroom, retreating to their rooms, Germany walked inside with his clothes in his hand. Germany opened the shower at it's weakest, quickly cleaning himself up. But that short time was enough.

Hungary's gaze fell to his room's door as he heard the clapping sounds of slippers coming up the stairs. He peeked outside only to see their dad's girlfriend stomping up angrily. He knocked on the bathroom door when he was pushed aside.

"Who the fuck is showering?!" Samantha asked loudly, making Austria come out of his room too. "Uhm, Germany." Austria replied quietly, looking to the side as Samantha tried opening the door, but it was locked.

"Please, he fell asleep studying last night, and forgot to-" Hungary tried to explain, but Samantha cut him off, yelling at him. "I don't care why he didn't get the chance! He woke me up!" She snapped, raising her hand at Hungary, making him flinch and cover his head.

A few moments later the bathroom door opened, and Germany slowly, nervously stepped out. Samantha turned to him, shouting at his face. "WHY the FUCK do you have to shower so early, huh?!" She screams, throwing insults at Germany. As she raised her hand to hit him, Hungary took a hold of her arm, stopping her. She froze for a moment before turning her head slowly to face Hungary. Her eyes were furious.

"The fuck do you think you're doing you faggot?" She asked, her tone rather quiet, however, the most aggressive Hungary's ever heard. He takes his hand off of Samantha's arm, taking a small step back. "I'm sorry, I-" He said, only to be cut off again, by a slap across his face this time. "DON'T YOU DARE TALK BACK TO ME!" Samantha screamed as Hungary just stared at the ground in shock.

"GET OUT OF HERE! ALL OF YOU!" She shouted, making all three boys flinch, and run into their rooms without question to get their backpacks.

The bothers sprinted down the stairs, putting on their shoes and getting out of the house, lockig the front door.

They walked in silence for a few minutes before Hungary spoke. "Never do this again." He said. "None of you." He added, looking at his brothers as the other two nodded. "I know, I'm sorry." Mumbled Germany, staring down at the ground.

"It's okay." Hungary replied with a sigh.