Chapter 18

(Timeskip)

Monday

Kenji walks through the gate and is amazed to find that he is in a snowy landscape but there are small volcanoes thankfully far from the gates spewing lava into the air, he shivers slightly but suddenly he feels warm, he inspects himself to find that he is being engulfed by a slightly blazing fire. He was astounded by what was happening to him.

Kenji thinks to himself 'Wow this is so crazy, I am surrounded by flames but I don't feel pain, anyway moving on, if I do not move on the dream could end without me figuring out a thing'.

Kenji keeps walking forward even though he doesn't know what he is doing then, after a few minutes of walking he spots something which looks like an altar, he walks towards it quietly but when he reaches it the thing catches fire, suddenly a phoenix lands right in front of him and Kenji stands ready to defend himself from any trouble from the Phoenix here.

The Phoenix then assures Kenji "No need to defend yourself Kenji Shedji, I am here to help you, I am not a rebel phoenix, unlike the Phoenix that attacked you while you were enjoying a relaxing moment at your hostel".

Kenji says "And you expect me to believe you I'm sure and what do you mean a rebel phoenix? I thought Phoenixes were very loyal towards each other, when they do flock."

The Phoenix says "The phoenix you fought worked for a very evil man and had rebelled against us, I assume you know the name of this evil man, the head of the outsider clan, Rizen."

Kenji replies "Okay then assuming I believe you are there any other rebel phoenixes around? I also know who Rizen is and that he has a grudge against my father but I don't think so".

The Phoenix says "Yes there are although we do not know the exact total of the rebel phoenixes and I can assure you that he is the one who has sent all these enemies after all of you".

Kenji then says "Moving on. The fact that I'm in this dream must mean you have an answer to my burns dilemma, right? I mean it does not seem like there is anything else of interest here"

The Phoenix says affirmatively "Indeed I know why the burn wounds you sustained keep acting up".

Kenji then says "Okay then first tell me your name and then tell me why these burns keep bothering me".

The Phoenix answers "I'm Ashta, the reason the burns are active is because you are gaining Phoenix powers and at an accelerated rate too, that is why a few nights ago you were in agony".

Kenji then exclaims "I am gaining what now?! Woah it all makes sense now... In a strange kind of way".

Ashta then proceeds to tell him another thing he will have trouble believing "That would surprise anyone but you are special that's why you gained Phoenix powers Kenji".

Kenji then says "Yeah tell me about it, anyway are you only a part of this dream here? I mean someone who has never existed can not become part of my dream, that's my take on it anyway".

Ashta then says "I passed on to the afterlife a long time ago but I'm helping you beyond the grave in here"

Kenji says to him then "Sorry for your death, I hope it wasn't in vain, anyway thanks for the info, bye Ashta".

Ashta then says "Farewell Kenji Shedji, we shall meet again after I'm reincarnated as a new Phoenix".

After saying his quick farewell Kenji turns around and starts walking back the way he came when all of a sudden he sprouts phoenix wings and surprisingly he can fly with them easily but notes that it's only easy because he's using one of his Phoenix powers in the dream, he flies over the gate and meets the guard who looks up in the air to see Kenji easily.

The Guard says "I see you have found your answers and some extra info and yes I am also deceased" to which Kenji says surprised "It's almost like you read my mind there, can you only do that because I'm dreaming?" and the Guard says "When I was alive I had the ability to read minds, by the way my name is Gauro.

Kenji then says "Anyway I'm leaving".

Gauro says "Goodbye".

Kenji then also says "Goodbye".

Kenji wakes up.

Kenji thinks to himself 'Okay wow I thought getting answers would take longer, this is so amazing, it really is, who would have thought I would be gaining Phoenix powers and in such a simple way too'.

Kenji gets out of his bed and goes to the bathroom to wash the sleep from his eyes and looks in the mirror, bringing a hand up he flexes his hand and it gets engulfed in a light flame, flexing his hand again the flame goes away and he grins in excitement, he gets dressed and goes to the dining room. He has to in his opinion show the girls what he can do now.

(The dining room)

Kenji greets them "Good morning everyone"

They all greet him back.

Kenji says excitedly "Guess what, I learned in my dream from a Phoenix that I am getting Phoenix powers!"

The girls gasp in surprise from Kenji's statement as just like in front of the mirror Kenji flexes a hand and it gets enveloped in a light clear flame and once again the flame dissipates by another flex of Kenji's hand, he tells them then that he will tell them everything after school, they eat and get ready for school.

(A forest close to Kenji's school).

¿¿ : "Just you wait Kenji Shedji, I'll tell my master everything I find out about you.

(The dark Forest)

?? : "I will keep building my army and when I'm done I'll get my revenge on you Akio Shedji."

(The Shedji Home)

Akio : (on the phone) Yes the survival test will be ready in a few days "I hope you're ready son."

(In break time).

Kenji says "I am so damn psyched."

Jackie says "Yeah, I have got to admit the Phoenix powers thing is the last thing I'd expect".

Shishana agrees "Yeah and here we all thought that it would be something really negative".

Kenji, Jackie and Shishana walk around the school some more talking about the awesomeness of gaining Phoenix powers from a fight against a Phoenix, Kenji catches something in his peripheral vision, it is a mysterious figure and he tells the girls, they look too and see the figure and the figure retreats".

(After school and after dinner)

Kenji says "Hey everyone if you want to ask me any questions about my findings just ask away".

Hyōna asks "Kenji-Kun, you said you got your info from a Phoenix but why would a Phoenix help you?"

Kenji replies "He said the Phoenix who I fought was from a group of rebels of an unknown total".

Yukino asks "Kenji-Kun, how is it that Phoenix could talk to you in that dream?"

Kenji replies "He said that he was talking with me from beyond the grave and his name is Ashta".

Chitayna says "Never thought that's possible, Kenji-Senpai, did you find out the guard's name too?"

Kenji replies "His name's Gauro he's also from beyond the grave, oh, Ashta said he'll be reincarnated".

The girls were surprised to hear him say that Ashta would be reincarnated into a new Phoenix with the intact memories of his passed life and that it meant Kenji and them would meet him in person once that happens, they went outside and the girls watched till late as Kenji practiced his new powers".

(Bedtime)

Everyone slept peacefully.