Chapter 14

Kenji wakes up like usual, puts on his usual clothes, goes out of his room followed by locking it, as Kenji arrives in the dining room no one is there, checking his watch he realises it was only Five o clock, deciding not to dwell on it he thinks about the hilarity of yesterday morning, seeing the two most playful girls blushing. It was pretty amusing to witness

Kenji thinks to himself with a laugh 'Yesterday was very funny, what with Chitayna and Hyōna blushing! Those two are usually so confident and are complete teasers, they were like that yesterday morning until I got them back eventually, I didn't know that would work all that perfectly'. He can not help but laugh about it for a full two to three minutes, it is that funny.

After five minutes Kenji got up, washed his plate, brushed his teeth and went to school.

[Just before school]

Kenji was looking around until he heard his name being called, turning towards the voices calling out to him and recognising the owners of the voices as Chitayna and Hyōna he smiles at them good nurturedly as they approach him jogging ever so slightly, he waves at them with a wide  grin on his face when they get to him and they grin right back at him.

Kenji then greets them by saying "Hey you two, what is up?" to which Chitayna replies "Kenji-Senpai, we couldn't find you at breakfast, where were you?" Hyōna then adds "exactly Kenji-Kun, it is no fun without you at the breakfast table at all". to which Kenji replies "Yeah about that, I woke up early without realising but then I ate and finished up anyway".

Chitayna then says in a relieved tone "Thank goodness, I thought you may have gone off somewhere else without telling us, somewhere where you could be in danger all alone" after which Hyōna adds "Yeah, we were really worried, you know? Thank goodness it was nothing else". Kenji could hear how concerned they must have been while they thought that.

Kenji then assures them "The two of you worry too much, you know that? besides I really am strong enough to defend myself".

Chitayna debates Kenji's statement by stating "But still, we worry about you because enemies target the strongest person they find" to which Hyōna agrees with Chitayna by saying to Kenji "Yes, that is exactly right and we all know you are the strongest person in our group when it comes to fighting and the like". Kenji sees their point and concedes the two are right.

Kenji then says to them "Okay I see your point, I would like it if you would always check up on me and so I will do the same for all of you". Kenji gives Chitayna and Hyōna a hug which they gladly return, the bell rings for the very first class of the school day for the day so Kenji and the two girls hurry and head to their respective first classes of the day.

[In homeroom class]

Kenji sits in class listening to the lesson but he is in thought, they finish before the bell rings for the end of class and Kenji thinks to himself 'I am so bored with this, anyway it was nice of Chitayna and Hyöna to worry about me' to which Kireitsune asks him "What are you doing Kenji-Dono? You seem to be a little bit absentminded at the moment".

Kenji then says "Oh hey Kireitsune, I was thinking about Chitayna and Hyōna worrying about me today, they seemed quite a bit concerned about me" to which Kireitsune notes "Oh yeah, I remember you were absent at breakfast. I did see you just as you left though" at which Kenji notes "Oh yeah, I thought someone was looking at me as I left the building".

Kireitsune then says to him "Oh, you are quite concious about your surroundings, aren't you?" so Kenji says "Yeah, you could say that, but my father raised me to always be alert like that". Kireitsune then says "That makes a lot of sense for sure, there is always danger lurking somewhere surely, you never know what kind of danger is waiting around the corner".

Kenji tells her "Anyway, I am really very flattered that Chitayna and Hyōna would worry about me so easily". to which Kireitsune replies "Yeah, once those two get attached to someone they just tend to easily worry about the person in question".
The bell rings signalling the end of home period and cutting their conversation short abruptly.

[Break a few hours later]

Kenji,Chitayna and Hyōna are all just walking around school and just relaxing so

Kenji asks them curiously "So what is it that you girls want to chat about right now or do?" so Chitayna comes up with an idea and asks "Well, would it bother you if we requested to hold onto you while we sit Kenji-Senpai?"
at which Hyōna says "That is a great idea, you would not turn us down, would you now, Kenji-Kun?" with a pleading kind of look on her face.

Kenji states in a matter of fact way "Of course it would not bother me, not at all, how could I deny when you ask me that so nicely?" about which Chitayna says "Aw Kenji-Senpai, you are such a sweety, I am just so glad to have met you". Hyōna agrees "I agree, you are the sweetest guy in this school right now, I am also so very glad to have met you Kenji-Kun."

Kenji then happily says "And I'm glad to have met the two of you as well and the other girls too". Chitayna says "I'm pretty sure your parents raised you to be such a gentleman, didn't they?" and Hyōna adds "Not that we believe it's only their doing,you must have been born a great guy". Kenji says "Yeah, my parents did raise me like that but I did do a little bit myself".

The girls each take an arm, a few minutes later the bell rings to show that break is over.

[Slightly after school]

Kenji was sitting outside a little bit when suddenly a fireball hit the ground next to him.

{The fight scene}

Kenji looks up and then he sees a phoenix flying up in the air above the hostel.

Kenji looks up at the Phoenix and says "Hey you, phoenix, speak up, what do you want with me and the girls?" in a very annoyed manner. The Phoenix then replies "I am here to fight you of course and test you to analyze your battle data." Kenji replies "Okay then, but we leave the girls out of this, I have already telepathically ordered them to stay inside the hostel".

The Phoenix surprisingly agrees by saying "Alright I will not touch the hostel building while your friends are inside". Kenji then says to him "Well then, come down so we can have a fair fight, no problem with that, right?" and the Phoenix says "Very well, I shall come down from the sky and fight you on the ground as you wish for me to do, otherwise it'll be unfair".

The phoenix comes down from the air as Kenji had requested and starts getting battle ready, the phoenix throws a fireball which Kenji dodges while transforming into his animal form, Kenji then sprints right at him and they start trading blows,the phoenix forms a fireball which Kenji snuffs out with the ease of a grown man picking up a child off the floor.

Kenji then smugly says "Nice try phoenix, but I got to that one before you even thought about it". to which  the Phoenix says "Tch,you haven't seen anything yet kid so get ready punk".

Kenji slashes the Phoenix in the face and the phoenix retaliates with a fireball blow against Kenji's side,they trade some more slashes and fireballs and Kenji even headbuts the phoenix backwards sending him sprawling into a small tree, the phoenix sits there against the tree stunned from the sudden blow.

Kenji asks "You see now?" The Phoenix says Oh shut up". and then the phoenix charges forwards in a
stream of flames so Kenji naturally  goes and makes himself grow bigger with an ominous aura.

To Be Continued

...