𝐢𝐯. 𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧-𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥

chapter foura broken-hearted girl

chapter four
a broken-hearted girl

THE PAST COUPLE OF WEEKS has been peaceful. Ever since their conversation at the Taylor Tower, they have made it a priority to ensure that they make time for each other. As with any relationship, there are going to be problems. That is why communication is so important.

When Jaime isn't working at his family's garage, he's with Indira, as long as her schedule is clear. Between having dates, Indira visiting his family, and making new memories, Jaime believes that their relationship is improving for the better. That is why he told her that he wants to look at apartments in Metropolis. Moving in together is a huge step. They haven't even talked about marriage or even kids.

    There isn't a doubt that this is the woman that he wants to make a life with. But when you're in your head so much, it's hard to be cheerful.

     Indira is happy that things are going well with her boyfriend. Since that is out of the way, she's been trying to figure out this whole expedition thing. She even went as far as to contact the IT department to get one of her close friends, Jerome, to hack into her mother's emails. To her surprise, there was nothing. None of Megan Taylor's emails mentioned anything about an expedition in Antarctica. Indira was conflicted and she didn't know what to do next. Confronting her parents wasn't an option.

     All she knows is that something shady is going on. But for right now, there isn't much she can do. What's done in the dark, must come to light.

    With the charity event being held tonight, the Taylor's had a lot of expectations. Especially Megan. This was her night. All of the elites from the State of Texas were on the guest list which made the stakes even higher.

Indira was planning to take a vacation just to avoid attending the event. The last thing she wanted to do was to be around some rich assholes for the whole entire night. It was either she disappoints her parents or she satisfies them. Both options had their pros and cons.

She even went as far as messaging Jenny Kord to see if she was invited. Jenny said that she was indeed invited, but she won't be able to come due to being out of the country. Indira knew that her friends from high school would not want to come since they were scared of her parents.

    Indira really didn't want to go at this point. Jaime heard her complaining. As a result of this, he volunteered to attend the event with her, which goes against his promise of not going to any of the family business events. He was solely doing this to put a smile on her face. It was also the least he could do after everything that's been happening.