LVii| Sun, Sea and Sisters

"Danny is nice about everyone though."

Monte Carlo was a place Mira felt safe in, a lot safer than she ever did in England

Monte Carlo was a place Mira felt safe in, a lot safer than she ever did in England. Yes, the money she saved from tax from living there was a huge bonus but she had agreed to move there because she wasn't sure she wanted to raise her daughter in her home country. Things in the world were changing and Mira needed to prepare for that.

Another amazing benefit was living by the sea and in a warm country. It meant she could spend time with her friends without worrying about the unpredictable weather quite as much as she had to in England.

In particular, the yacht outing she had been waiting for.

It allowed her a distraction from a few nights ago. Even though Lando assured her it was okay, Mira was still a little embarrassed of referring to herself as Norris. Either way, she didn't let it stop her from having fun.

"Hey guys!" Mira greeted as she stepped onto the boat. "No Robyn or Charles?"

"Not yet," Marissa replied cheerfully.

"It's Robyn, she'll be the last one here," said Max as Lando sat next to him.

The minute Lily was placed onto the boat floor, she went bounding towards Marissa and Daniel, who both greeted her happily.  Mira watched in surprise as Daniel passed Lily a mermaid doll, causing her face to light up.

"Daniel, you have got to stop buying the girl presents," Mira warned. "She's going to think you're Santa..."

"I know but she's so cute," Daniel grinned. "I got Penelope one too. It was Marissa idea...she just blamed it all on me...I buy the lego, she buys the dolls."

"Guilty," Marissa shrugged.

"Roro!" Lily called out.

The blonde-haired three-year-old went running towards Robyn Saunders, who had finally arrived alongside Charles Leclerc.

"Hey Lily," Robyn smiled. "What do you have there?"

"Mermaid!" Said Lily, holding up the doll. "P and I are playing."

"Why don't you take me to Penelope and Max?" Robyn suggested.

She let the little girl lead her to the front of the boat, her face filled with excitement that Robyn had arrived. Charles followed them while talking to Lando, who had followed Lily to them.

"Robyn!" Daniel exclaimed as he jumped up. "How are you doing?"

"Better," Robyn replied cheerfully.

Max, Kelly and Marissa all got up to greet the new arrivals.

It seemed only obvious that Penelope and Lily would be friends, despite the age gap. Although, Max always told Lando that he was lucky. While Max Verstappen had to attend 'tea parties' with Penelope, Lando Norris had a daughter obsessed with cars.

"Have you thought about if she would like karting, Lando?" Robyn suggested as she watched Lily dance around with Penelope. "When she's old enough."

"She'd love karting, I know it," Lando replied with a bright smile.

"I would find the time if she wants to do karting in future," Mira added.

"She's settled so well with you despite all the travelling," Robyn admired.

"Oh, she loves it! Being on planes is still fascinating to her and she's so curious all of the time," Mira gushed. "We've struggled more being here for so long. She thinks she is not allowed at the racetrack anymore."

"How will you keep her away?" asked Daniel with a laugh.

Mira shrugged as she watched her daughter offer her mermaid doll to Kelly, who kindly took it with a smile.

It didn't take long before Max, Lando, Daniel and Charles jumped onto the jetskis. Mira wasn't a big fan of sports like that so she continued to watch Lily and Penelope while sat with the other girls.

"What's it like with Charles' family?" Mira interrogated.

"They're all so nice, it was a little overwhelming!" Robyn replied. "Charles is following the doctor's order down to the last word so he's not really letting me do much. I think that he thinks it means I can drive in Belgium."

"Do you not want to drive?" Marissa questioned, tilting her head.

"I'm not getting much sleep right now and I can't drive tired. I can't sleep because I'm in pain so I need to heal fully. I'd race through the pain but I can't race asleep," Robyn explained. "There isn't much hope point-wise for me now. I'm surprised I did so well in the first place."

"You've been the best rookie in a while," said Marissa. "Even Danny said so."

"Danny is nice about everyone though," Robyn disagreed.

"He's not a liar, Robyn." said Mira.

"Even Max wants you at Redbull, which is a large compliment from him," Kelly added.

"For now, I don't want to think about racing. I just want to enjoy this sun."

"Understandable," Mira sang, laying back.

"So...any trouble with that brother of yours, Mira?" Robyn questioned.

"Uh...he's not spoken to me since I left," Mira stuttered. "I think he's a little mad at me but he's surprised I haven't gone crying back."

"Mira, you're my friend so I mean this in the nicest possible way...Mike is controlling and you need to keep the boundary with him, some space will do you good," Robyn inferred.

"I have to agree," said Marissa. "I know Mike cares but not speaking to you because you want to live your life is petty so don't go running back to him."

"I guess you are right," Mira hummed. "I guess...I'm more upset that it's come to that. Luke has a good enough relationship to babysit Lily but Lily doesn't even know who Mike is."

"And that is on Mike, not you," Kelly insisted.

Mira looked to the side, seeing all three women giving her positive smiled. She felt lucky to have them all and she really wished that Esme was there too.

It was odd to not have Esme around, even though they Facetimed at least once every two weeks but they were both busy at different times. The timezone was also something to adapt to when Pato raced in America or if they were in Mexico where he was from.

Mira was glad Esme was as happy as she was.

Perhaps the world wasn't so bad if you had the right people to live in it with.

THREE UPDATES IN ONE DAY, WHO AM I?

I am just a person who wants to finish this book by the time I go to sleep <3