Part 1

Harry sighed as he padded down the hall to collect the mail. Once there, he found two bills, a postcard, and a letter addressed to him. Harry furrowed his brow in confusion, wondering who could possibly be writing to him. He shrugged the thought off and slid the letter through the crack in his cupboard door, intending to read it later. Harry then brought the rest of the mail to Vernon at the table. 

Just as he sat down, Dudley finished his eggs and pushed his empty plate towards Harry, demanding more bacon. Harry gave in and went to get more while Dudley watched him closely, his piggy eyes dilating. As he filled Dudley's plate, Harry secretly slipped a slice of bacon into his pocket. He then handed over the full plate, grabbed his list of chores, and left the room.

Once he was alone, Harry unlocked the door with a wave of his hand, a skill he had always had but kept hidden from the Dursleys to avoid being punished. He then conjured a light and sat down on his thin mattress to open the letter. As he read the contents of the thick parchment, Harry felt his jaw drop in shock.

(Disclaimer: Harry Potter is not mine; I own nothing apart from the plot. Art is not mine either.)

:)