𝐢𝐢. 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

chapter twodisappointments

chapter two
disappointments

         INDIRA'S MOTTO HAS ALWAYS BEEN; 'Fake it until you make it'. Her day took an unexpected turn, but here she is...faking a smile. The meeting with the Kord's went well, as stated by her parents. Now that it was over, everyone seemed to be having a good time, except for Indira. The sound of light music and chatter lit up the atmosphere. Indira wanted to leave, but she couldn't leave just yet. Her absence would raise concerns, and the last thing she wanted was a lecture from her father. So, here she was; slowly but surely suffering. The two glasses of champagne that she received from the waitress didn't help, but the presence of Jenny Kord did.

       Indira doesn't know much about Jenny Kord, besides the fact that she's a Kord and her family is well known.  She's considered to be a rich girl, much like herself. Her first impression of the young woman wasn't negative or anything, but as it relates to Victoria Kord, Indira doesn't have anything nice to say. There's something quite off about the CEO of Kord Industries. Indira can't say much really, but all she knows is that the older woman has ulterior motives. She doesn't seem to be a genuine person but who is she to judge? All she knows is that her parents and Victoria seem to get along well.

        For the most part, the Taylor girl was alone. She conversed with people here and there, but honestly, she just wanted her space. Indira Taylor hated most things, and something she hated was the family company's events. Truth be told, Indira wasn't needed here today, which was revealed by Megan Taylor. She wanted them to be together as a family unit, even though they hadn't been an actual family for a very long time. Megan and Jacobi's marriage is as perfect as it could ever be, but the family dynamic with their only child is deteriorating.

        Jenny Kord noticed the discomfort on the girl's face. She didn't want to pry into Indira's personal life, but it wouldn't hurt to see if she needed to confide in anyone. Out of the corner of her eye, Indira saw someone heading in her direction. The person came into her sight as she moved closer. Now, Jenny was standing side by side with Indira.

     "Hey," says Jenny. The ladies make eye contact. "You looked lonely over here by yourself. Is everything okay with you?"

      Indira nods her head, "Oh, yeah. I'm great." She didn't sound believable, and the frown on her face confirmed it. Jenny slightly giggles. She's happy to know that there's at least one more person who isn't happy to be here. Jenny continues to make small talk, "I'm surprised that we haven't met yet." Indira would definitely agree. Jacobi and Megan Taylor often met with Victoria Kord, but lucky enough for Indira, she managed to avoid the introduction until now. "Honestly, I would always hear about you...but it's nice to finally meet you now."

     "Same. We should exchange numbers. You seem pretty cool." The compliment was delightful to hear, according to Indira. The two young women spend the rest of their time together making jokes and getting to know one another. Their short time together exposed a similarity between the both of them. They are just trying to find their destiny in this world, even though their destiny is already being written out for them by their respective family members.