𝐢. 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

chapter onefinally reuniting

chapter one
finally reuniting

𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙖𝙜𝙤

       JAIME REYES DIDN'T REALIZE how much he missed home until he stepped out of the airport. Three years down, one more to go. He's ecstatic that he's almost done with University. Next up is Graduate School, then he's off into his career. It hasn't been an easy journey for him, but after all, it's going to be worth it in the end. Entering his senior year, and then following it up with graduation is something he's looking forward to. Just one more year, he constantly tells himself. All his hard work is going to pay off.

      His eyes dart around the different cars that were parked outside of the airport, looking for one vehicle in particular. His Uncle Rudy should be here any minute to pick him up. Jaime adores the bond he has with his uncle. They are like two peas in a pod. The vibration of his phone catches his attention. After taking his phone out of his pocket, he taps the screen.

It lights up and shows a text from his girlfriend, Indira Taylor. The message said: 'I'm really sorry about not picking you up today, but I made plans for us @3!! I'm going to send you the location. Can't wait to see you babe!'

     Jaime isn't even surprised that she wasn't able to come. He understands that she's busy but it seems as if she's always busy nowadays...

    Is it wrong that he doesn't feel like responding to the text? It's from his girlfriend, out of all people. The supposedly, love of his life. So, why is he feeling mixed emotions? It's been months since they last saw each other. Their reunion is long overdue. All he wants to do is give her a hug, and tell her how much he loves her. But, at the same time, he wishes that he could go back to Gotham, and distract himself with his school duties; just to avoid reality. Truthfully, he's back and he has to face her.

Indira arrived back in Palmera City two weeks prior to Jaime's arrival. It's now nearing the end of May, and almost the beginning of a new month. As soon as she was finished with her final exams, she immediately flew back home the next day. This was mainly due to the fact that she had very important meetings scheduled. Her parents were the furthest thing from being understanding individuals. School is now on break for Indira. She sees it as an opportunity to enjoy some time with her boyfriend, while her parents see it as the perfect chance to transfer their workload over to their daughter.

It's not like Indira doesn't like working for her family's company or anything, it's just that she wishes she had more time to do what she wants. For months, she told her boyfriend that she would meet him at the airport for his arrival back home. This was extremely important to her, mainly because she felt like she was lacking in the girlfriend department. Indira can admit...she absolutely doesn't deserve the 'Girlfriend of the Year' award... she's disregarded many milestones, all because she has family duties. Has Jaime ever complained? No, but deep down, her intuition was telling her that things were quite off between them. She's not sure if he feels the same way...