Leaving My Life Behind

Look, I didn't want to be an outcast. I didn't want to be the daughter of Leto. Gods, I didn't even want to be a goddess. I don't know what I'm supposed to be the goddess of! I can't track down monsters like my sister, Artemis, or write terrible poetry like my brother, Apollo. I CAN'T DO ANYTHING!!

Now, I'm wondering if I'm even meant to be a goddess. Don't tell anyone, but I kind of wish I was a half-blood sometimes. That way, I wouldn't have to worry about what in Hades I'm supposed to be the freaking goddess of.

'Lydia, are you going to go to sleep soon?" I heard my mom call.

"Yeah, I am," I said, then turned to my timberwolf, Tiffany. "may as well, girl. Later tonight, we're going,"

I'd made a plan to go to Camp Half-Blood for a while, and Artemis had agreed to help get me out. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, it's 11:59, and I was making my way to the elevator that connected Mount Olympus to New York. I bought Tiffany with me because I'm not going to leave her behind. Mom can understand what wolves are saying, and according to her, Tiff is a chatterbox.

Artemis and a girl with short black hair were waiting for me at the elevator.

"I thought you said you were coming alone," I said to my sister.

"I said I was coming with my hunters," Artemis said, "I just changed my mind about coming up alone"

"So, who's your friend?" I asked, "I thought you would have brought Zoe up with you"

A sad look appeared on my sister's face.

"Zoe has passed on," Artemis said.

"Oh," I said. "Then, who is she?"

'I'm Thalia Grace," the girl said.

"Zeus's daughter," I said.

"Yeah," Thalia replied.

there was a moment of silence before Artemis spoke.

"How about we get you to the camp," Artemis said.

"Yeah," I swang my bag over my shoulder.