15) Valentina

A toasty, warm feeling embraced my very soul as I strolled around my room, engaged in a full-blown session of overthinking

I mean, really, sharing a bed with a guy who might secretly be plotting my death was quite the unconventional slumber party choice.

But what truly tickled my funny bone were the utterly bewildering feelings my heart was wrestling with.

I swear, someone should dial up my therapist pronto, because it's starting to feel like I've fallen victim to a case of accidental "Stockholm syndrome."

I mean, who could have seen that one coming?

Not me.

It is absolutely infuriating how he manages to stir up these conflicting emotions in me, especially considering how he's treated me.

But here I am, secretly craving his touch.

I know, it sounds crazy when I say it out loud.

He kidnapped me, drugged me, and even threw in some charming threats for good measure.

And yet, here I am, secretly wishing he'd like me. It's like I've regressed to being a clueless kid with a silly crush.

Trust me, I'm just as baffled as you are about what's going on in my head.

Oddly, Hanzo seemed to be tailing me more than usual.

It's all quite pointless, really – I've got nowhere to go and no one to meet.

Call me a loser- now imagine sparkles and glitter and rainbows as that label is on my head.

This is what being held captive does to you- it makes you weird. (weirder).

I yawn as I grab a cup of coffee and head outside with it.

It's been an hour in which Hanzo was following me as I watch a range of shows and shop on my phone.

I'm very limited on everything regarding the phone:
no numbers on there except Demetrius and Hanzo, no maps, and tons of stuff is blocked.

However Demetrius has allowed me to know the address of this hell.

Joking be grateful that you have a roof over your head!

Hanzo looks bored as I watch my film and eat popcorn so I decide to do the ultimate sacrifice: pause my film.

"Hey Hanzo, how's it going?" I snicker as I look back at his excitement.

Hanzo grins ear to ear, "Oh, you know, just trying to survive the chaos of parenthood. My kids have turned our home into a perpetual war zone!"