3. 𝔸𝕥𝕥𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℂ𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕖𝕤

~ 3.5k words ~

Bruce's pov
It's currently 6:34 am, and I'm in my car driving towards Metropolis. My reason for leaving is because of the call I recived from Clark the evening before.

He didn't mention who, but someone dangerous has managed to escape Arkham asylum. All thougth I already have my guesses on who, I don't wanna jump into any conclusions, first I have to be sertain that it's him.

There's been a lot of crimes around in Gotham these past weeks. Wich is why I skip dinner now, over and over. Before yesterday, I hadn't seen or talked to my own daughter in four full days. It's never my intention to hurt her, she is the most presious thing in my life. ..At least after her mother died.

Rachel was my everything. From my childhood bestfriend, to the the love of my life. I didn't know about (Y/n) until after Rachel's death. My good friend James Gordon found her abandoned in Rachels old apartment.

At first we all thougth she was Harvey Dent's daugther, Harvey was at the time Rachel's fiance. Alfred was actually the suspicious one, so he, with me by his side, demanded a DNA test. And he was right, (Y/n) was mine.

At the time I didn't care about what my actions would do to Harvey. As soon as I found out (Y/n) was mine I wanted her to stay with me. I was so distracted by the loss of Rachel, I didn't even notice that I had just taken away a daughter Harvey thougth was his. While finding out about (Y/n) being mine, he also found out that Rachel, his dead fiance, cheated on him with me.

He lost it, he killed multiple nurses while escaping the hospital due to serious burns from an explosion, the same explosion that killed Rachel. No one has ever seen him since. Some people even think hes dead. I sure as hell hope he is, every day I live in constant fear for (Y/n)'s life. She's all I have, and I'm not planning on loosing her to Harvey fucking Dent.

Finally, after 3 hours of non-stop driving, I reached Metropolis. I drove to my penthouse I keep there in case I have to stay here longer than planned. I parked my black lamborghini and went inside. I took the elevator up to my floor and as I walked out, they were already here.

And by they, I mean the team, the Justice Leauge as we like to be called. Since we don't have our own headquarters yet, I call them here. It is here we have all of our meetings where we plan our strategies and ways on how we should be approaching the enemies.

"Good, your all here." I say while exiting the elevator. No one responds and instead acts like I never spoke out loud in the first place. I look around and think to myself, 'what a gang of morons'.

I see Barry perched on the couch next to Victor, watching trashy TV. Diana had an annoyed look on her face as she stood by the piano. Arthur was hanging over her shoulder, of course, he was flirting with her. Clark just stands in front of the window, staring out over the city wiew like he's in some depressing music video. And last but definetly not least, Hal. He was in the kitchen stuffing his mouth with food as he made himself a sandwich. How lovely..

I clear my throat loudly making everyone turn to look at me. Diana lets out a reliefed sigh while pulling away from Arthur. "Ohh Bruce, Thank the gods you're finally here, they are all acting like children." Diana smirked while giving me a light hug. Me not being the affectionate type, just pat her back twice before pulling back.

"It's good to see you too, Diana." I lightly smile back, giving her a small nod. I walk further into the room while clapping my hands together once, making Barry and Victor jump in suprise.