Surprise

Requested by:

No one

Triggers:

Suicide

Type:

Fluff, Angst, Modern AU

Spoilers:

None

Thank you all so much for 430 reads with 63 votes (as of Nov 15) <3 

A (h/c) haired girl hummed softly to herself as she prepared dinner. Upon hearing the front door open, she turned around to be greeted by the usual grin her boyfriend always wore.

"Welcome home honey," the (h/c) haired girl greeted with a warm smile.

"Dinner smells delicious!" Rengoku stated, walking over and placing a loving kiss against the girl's forehead.

"I hope so. I'm making sanuki udon," (Y/n) turned to fully face Rengoku, wrapping her arms around his waist and pulling him in for a hug.

Without hesitation Rengoku hugged her back, making a loving smile grace her features. (Y/n) slightly pulled away, gazing up lovingly at the male. She got up on her tiptoes, placing a gentle kiss against his lips.

"I love you, Kyo," she whispered against his lips.

"I love you too, my love," Rengoku replied, giving her another kiss.

"Welcome home brother!" Senjuro called, eagerly running towards his older brother.

Rengoku let go of the (h/c) haired girl, kneeling down to give Senjuro a tight hug.

"Brother, have you asked (Y/n)-san about the festival?" Senjuro eagerly asked.

"No, I have not!" Rengoku bellowed, "Have you heard of the Kurama Fire Festival?"

(Y/n) hummed in thought as she continued preparing dinner, "No, I don't think I have."

"It's a festival to honor the Yuki shrine and its spirits through a dazzling fire parade. Since our family has always worked closely with fire, we participate in the parade every year. It'll be Senjuro's first year participating!" Rengoku explained energetically.

(Y/n) turned to face the two siblings, a smile resting upon her face, "I'd love to come!"

Rengoku and Senjuro exchanged excited glances, eager for the girl to witness the beauty of the parade.

__________________________

(Y/n) stood in front of a full body length mirror, taking in her appearance

(Y/n) stood in front of a full body length mirror, taking in her appearance. Shinjuro had given her a white yukata with flames along the edges of the sleeves. A soft knock made her shift her attention from her reflection to the door.