Old Graves || Darkness Rising

Aboard the nemesis, Starscream stood behind Megatron. They were in the chambers which held a gigantic chunk of dark energon crystals. Starscream put his servos behind his back, "I don't think you need worry about further Autobot resistance, master. Not with Optimus gone."

     Megatron turned to glare at the commander, "And what evidence do you possess of this fact?"

     "I destroyed the mines...as you instructed. My seekers witnessed," Starscream motioned his servo to Skywarp and Thundercracker, who stood by the door.

     The warlord growled, "Optimus is not so easily destroyed. We have millennia of battles behind us to prove it."

     Starscream grunted, glancing back at his triage before speaking, "Maybe you should take a break, my lord. I worry that too much contact with the dark energon may allow it to...adversely affect you."

     Megatron leaned his servos on the platform that held the dark energon, gazing at the dangerous substance.

     "Or perhaps Starscream, I have not permitted myself contact enough," his voice rose as the silver mech reached forward, plucking out a shard of dark energon.

     "Wait!" Starscream stepped back, as Skywarp stepped closer to Thundercracker. "Lord Megatron, no!" The mech held up the shard, glancing at it and then his chassis. "Not your spark chamber! You do not know what it will do!"

     Megatron jabbed the shard into his chassis. As he did, his crimson optics burned purple, his frame reflecting the ominous color. The leader began to yell, a sound much like a war cry.

     After a few moments, Starscream realized he had backed up against the other two seekers. Skywarp had shoved himself between Thundercracker and Starscream, holding onto them nervously. "L-lord Megatron?" the purple seeker stammered, as the commander chuckled nervously.

     Megatron leaned forward, "It's as if the blood of Unicron the Destroyer flows through my veins. It's as if I hear his very thoughts," the mech looked up.

     Starscream and Thundercracker pulled Skywarp off as Megatron continued, "I now know what I must do," he then turned to leave.

     Starscream stood to the side, "A-and what can I do to assist you, master?"

     "Quite groveling, and await my command!" Megatron snarled. Megatron left the room before making his way to the top of the Nemesis and taking off.

     The seekers all stood in the room, speechless. Thundercracker glanced at the dark energon, "what did it do to him?"

     Skywarp nodded, "I don't know...but I for sure know it's not anything like normal energon. That's straight-up space crack!"

     The other two seekers slowly turned to stare at Skywarp.

     "How do you know what crack is?" Thundercracker asked.

     Skywarp shrugged mysteriously.

-----------------------------------------------------

Ratchet stood in the main room of the base. It was a quiet morning, with the other bots off bodyguarding the kids.

"Thank goodness for peace and quiet. House guests can be such a bother," Ratchet muttered to himself. He was examining a sample of the purple substance, comparing the notes Perceptor had given him. Ratchet wasn't much of a scientist, but with Perceptor being all they had, Ratchet took it upon himself to step up. Especially considering Perceptor preferred to work with Prowl, Jazz, and Ironhide on the other side of the world.