Chapter 44

𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚕𝚕 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚠𝚗. 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚙𝚊𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚐𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚏, 𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝚙𝚒𝚎𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚕.

 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚙𝚊𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚐𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚏, 𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝚙𝚒𝚎𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚕

Levi's POV

Laying on the couch, I stared up into the dark ceiling as I listened to the snow still falling outside

Laying on the couch, I stared up into the dark ceiling as I listened to the snow still falling outside. It had to be at least 2 in the morning, but I couldn't sleep. Not when the woman of my dreams was only one door away. But I had to be patient.. move on her terms.. allow her control of the situation so I could keep mine..

Two years.. I couldn't have stayed away for longer. It would've been impossible, but I had to. I had to stay away so she could be free, I had to stay away to learn how to control my anger and impulses, and I had to stay away so I could deal with my father.. He was the major source of my frustration, so I had to find time and head space to deal with him. Being preoccupied with mi Tesoro could not only put her in danger, but it would cause me to fail.. I couldn't let that happen.

Hearing the sound of purring, I felt the cat jump up onto my chest happily. He had been more clingy than I was previously used to, but a small part of me missed him. He began affectionately clawing slightly at my chest, and I simply laid there as I attempted to fall asleep.  However, the sound of a small sneeze emerging from the bedroom caused my eyes to fly open.

Only then did I notice the heat of the complex had gone out, and the space heaters in the living room and in Teegan's bedroom were on overdrive. I wasn't that cold, but mi Tesoro got cold quickly. Her small little hands and feet like icicles when it was cold, and she used to press them against me for a bit of warmth in the past.

Hearing another sneeze, I stood with the cat on my shoulder before going into the kitchen. I boiled a bit of water for a few minutes before making her some chamomile tea with honey. Putting it in one of her little mugs, I walked over to her bedroom and listened to my poor baby sneeze again. The door was slightly ajar, so I knocked a bit and caught a glimpse of her shivering in her bed, the space heater trying its best to work.