Chapter 3 ~ Gold digger

🖤

Words:- 1800+

Words:- 1800+

__________________________

After all the rituals were completed, Raha and Siddharth arrived at his house. Their car came to a stop at the gate. Siddharth's frustration was evident, and he had reached a point where he no longer wanted to be in Raha's presence. In a moment of decision, he opened the car door and abruptly left, disappearing into the distance, leaving Raha all alone.

Raha, in the wake of Siddharth's sudden departure, cautiously opened the car door and began to take hesitant steps forward. The mansion loomed large before her, and she was disoriented, uncertain of where to go in the vast estate.

As Raha stood there, she suddenly heard the sound of another car approaching. She turned to see her mother-in-law, Avantika, and her father-in-law, Yash, stepping out of the vehicle. Their arrival was unexpected, and they found Raha alone.

Avantika, with a concerned expression, approached Raha and inquired, "Where is Siddharth?"

Raha, feeling a surge of nervousness and confusion, contemplated her response. After gathering some courage, she finally spoke, "He... he had som.e ur.gent matters to atte.nd to, so he left for that."

Avantika, perceptive and aware of Siddharth's intentions, could see through the situation. She understood that Siddharth had intentionally left Raha alone, and her concern deepened.

Yash addressed Raha, saying, "You must be tired, Raha. Take some rest, and Siddharth will be back."

Following Yash's words, Avantika spoke gently, "Yes, come with me. I will show you to your room."

Yash proceeded to his own room, while Avantika guided Raha to Siddharth's room. Upon entering, Raha couldn't help but be awestruck by the room's sheer size and its exquisite beauty. The ambiance was captivating, leaving a lasting impression on her.

Avantika, noticing Raha's discomfort in her heavy lehenga, kindly suggested, "Change into something more comfortable. This lehenga seems quite heavy."

Raha nodded and replied, "Y..yes," as she contemplated the idea of changing into something lighter and more relaxed.

After Avantika left the room, Raha retrieved some comfortable clothes from her bag and changed into them. She then settled on Siddharth's luxurious king-size bed, her thoughts filled with a mix of uncertainty and anticipation.

Despite knowing Siddharth's apparent disdain for her, Raha found herself waiting for him. She couldn't quite comprehend this internal conflict and why she was still waiting for a man who seemed to resent her.

Time passed slowly, and yet Siddharth did not make an appearance. As hours went by, exhaustion overwhelmed Raha, and she eventually succumbed to sleep, still perched on the bed in Siddharth's room.