Take Me Back to the Night We Met

Spirited Away One-shot

'People don't just live one life. They keep coming back until they get it right'

- C.R. Strahan

I would like to dedicate this oneshot to an old friend of mine who has been there for me through thick and thin she was there when I was in kindergarden. She was there when my Nanny passed away when I was thirteen I was there for her when her dad passed away and she was there for me when my parents divorced when I was seventeen. Most people would have tucked tail and ran but she didn't she's always been there for me and I her any other person would have lost touch when she moved but still she was there messaging me whenever she felt like I needed her. So Jamie Nicole Gauf I hope you enjoy this oneshot because I remember you asking after we watched Spirited Away when we were preteens lol 'Why didn't Haku ever reunite with Chihiro? did they live happily ever after? Did Chihiro make friends in her new school?' well don't worry Chihiro and Haku did get they're happy ending in my heart of hearts I believe they did.

So without further Ado I give you my own story of adapted from Spirited Away this is.

Take Me Back to the Night We Met.

Five Years Later

*Chihiro*

I walk inside the bleek dark tunnel I grab my flashlight from my backpack and continue to walk through the tunnel I focus on the ground and watch my step. Once I made it out of the tunnel I focus on the dust on the benches and I grab my camera and every thing I see I take a picture of. When I was young I was beyond scared of this place but now I find sollace and peace in this place because this was the place I met everyone. I walk out as the wind starts to pick up I take a picture of the clocktower I wanted to go into the ghost town but I knew that I could never go back there.

Something in me wanted to because I knew then that I would see Haku again but he told me that he would go back and talk with Yubaba and he would quit being her apprentice. But at least he had his name now and he could finally be free and the way I see the number one reason he hasn't came back here is because the river isn't here anymore. He was right he is a river spirit I just thought that since I helped him he would get a second chance at life but it's been five years since that happened. I still haven't found Haku no matter how many times I search on my side of the river he's never gonna come back is he?.

I just miss him so much he deserves to have a second chance we didn't even get a chance to explore what that feeling was between him and I. I felt it that day and if I had known that I wouldn't see him again I never would have let go of his hand. I could still feel the way his hand felt on mine when he lead me to his side of the river and I walked back to my parents. I wish I could take me back to the night him and I met and I know that sound's cliche but that's the best way that I could describe it I stand to my feet and walk back through the tunnel and I don't look back until I reach the other side of the tunnel.

I look back once I made it out and stare up at the sky I pull the hair band from my wrist as I notice the indent on my wrist where it cut off the circulation. I tie my hair back and let my bangs frame my face and that's when I feel my phone start to ring I pull it out of my back pocket and I see that it was my mom. I answer the call "hey mom" I start to walk back onto the road and she says "chihiro where are you? your gonna be late to school". I smile and shake my head "i'm on my way back mom i'll be there soon" I hang up and start the walk back to home so I could get my uniform on and once I made it back I see my dad walking towards the car and mom gardening.

She stops and smiles at me kindly "you went back to the clocktower didn't you?". I shrug and she shakes her head "chihiro why do you keep going back there? you could seriously get hurt what if you tripped on a rock or something? or the clocktower fall on top of you it's really old". I roll my eyes and dad says "what's so special about that place honey? what if you get trapped in there?". I shrug "I just like taking pictures in there it's so peaceful and it helps with what happens in school ok? it's the only place that makes me happy may I go put on my uniform?".

Dad nodds with a kind smile "go ahead sweetheart" I go up the porch steps lets just say my school life is a harsh one you would say. I quickly get undressed and into my school uniform and make sure it was straightened out and tidey. I fix my hair it has to be neat as well and I head downstairs where my dad could drive me to school I put on my shoes and head out to the car. My mom stands to her feet as we pull out and blows me a kiss I blow her one back with a smile and sit back and my dad says while driving "honey if that girl tries anything else you have mine and your moms full support in fighting back ok? you don't start it but you better finish it".

I smile and say "thanks dad but I fear it would do more harm than good to be honest" he nodds as we pull into the school I grab my backpack. I hand him my phone and he says "have a good day honey i'll be here to pick you up after archery practice". I smile and nodd and shut the door as he drives off I kneel down when I see my shoe was untied as everyone starts to walk into the school. After I got done I stand up and I keep my head down and that's when it happened I pushed my backpack over my shoulder.

I walked past someone until they caught my hand I turn around to see who had stopped me from walking away and my jaw went slack when I saw who had grabbed me. There stood right in front of me in the flesh was Haku my eyes widen and so did his and I hear him say five simple words "I finally found you, Chihiro". I gasp and found myself smiling "Welcome Home, Haku" he returns my smile as we stood there face to face and his face looked like he hadn't aged a day but I know he did because somehow he looks the same age as I do. He pulls me closer and I ask him softly "how?" he shrugs "I don't know your guess is as good as mine".

I pull him into a missive hug and wrap my arms around his neck and his wraps around my waist and I whisper to myself "whoever did this thank you". He sighs of relief and I bury my head into his shoulder as everyone starts to watch us as they head into the school to head into they're classes for the day. I pull back away from him and look up at him when I realize that he was taller than me now and I whisper "I have prayed every day that you would get a second chance at life and they were answered". He leans his forehead against mine and I say "I would always ask 'Take me back to the night we met' and this time they brought you back to me".

He chuckles "well lets not waste it then" I blush and his lips crashed onto mine I pull him closer to me and run my hands through his long hair. I stand onto my tip toes so I could reach him better we break apart and he looks up to the sky and I follow his gaze. My eyes widen when I see a Harpy bird fly above our heads and a big gust of wind rushes past us as it flies off into the woods and heads back to what I know as the Ghost Town. I found myself smiling knowing now I can finally spend the rest of my life with the one person who has captivated me since the day I met him on that day when I decided to cross the bridge to the bath house.