Desperation

Alyssa is a 5th grader in one of the most prestigeous and famous university in the Philippines.

Ateneo De Manila University.

Growing up, she was lonely because her family was always too busy for her. But she mostly understands because her mother would always talk to her about the business and someday, she would inherit the company. Which she made a motivation to do well in her academics.

At her age, she usually does things a 5th grader should not do. Too mature things for her, specifically.

She had always been the silent girl in their class.

Until, a new teacher at their school was transferred to their class and Alyssa was starstrucked.

She had a new crush and it is her new teacher.

———————

It was almost science time and Alyssa can't wait to see their subject teacher, which is her "school crush."

Mika Reyes.

Alyssa knew about her feelings for her teacher, though other might think she is not serious about it, she had her own world, wherein her teacher is her bride and she is the "groom-bride".

Her daydreaming was cut off when their teacher arrived and all stood up to greet her.

"Good morning, Ms. Reyes!"
All said in unison.

Alyssa was again starstrucked while looking at Ms. Reyes.

And her nerves were all shaken when Ms. Reyes stared back.

One thing Alyssa made sure that her teacher only admired her because she had always been good in her academics, especially Science.

"Good morning din kids! How was your weekend?"
Ms. Reyes responded with a smile.

Everyone was answering altogether but Alyssa sat and whispered to herself,

"I spent my weekend dreaming about our future."
Alyssa smiled to herself.

"Can you repeat, Alyssa?"
Ms. Reyes asked her, causing Alyssa to get nervous because her teacher only mentions students by their last name or calling them "anak" or "iha/iho".

Alyssa was taken aback nang nagtanong ulit si Ms. Reyes.

"Do you have a crush here in the classroom, Alyssa?"

"Urgh that stupid name again." Alyssa said to herself.

"Wala po, Ms. Mika."
Alyssa purposedly called Ms. Reyes as Ms. Mika, which her teacher despises the most.

"Hmm, sure. Take your seat na guys."
Ms. Reyes commanded.

Alyssa was confused.

"Hindi ba dapat magagalit si Ms. Reyes?" Alyssa thought to herself.

—————

It was almost lunch break and she might never get to see Ms. Reyes again this day.

She became sad at that thought.

As usual, Alyssa was first to finish in their daily activity at Science.

Only 10 minutes and it's almost lunch break.

Alyssa again daydreamed about her and her teacher, Ms. Reyes.

She was at first weirded out with the idea, having a crush on a teacher, considering her age too, and also the same gender.

But Ms. Reyes is also too old for her.

Alyssa is 11 years old while her teacher is 25.

Alyssa had an idea.