Invasion pt 1

Arcadia colony 

February, 3rd, 2531

Their were cries and screams all around, screams for help and protection. Explosions everywhere and corpses littering the ground, marines, police, ODST's. The invaders clearly didn't want anyone to get off this planet. 

Gradually I sat up. Everything hurt. I looked around to see the corpses, friends even family were on the floor long dead. I looked to my left and saw a woman, in her late thirties, brown hair, and blue eyes. This... was my Mother. I crawled over to her and took her hand in mine. She looked slightly at me. Her eyes were weak and her hands were cold and trembling. She lifted her other arm and pulled something out of her pocket. It was a picture of my Mother, my Father, me, my two sisters, and my brother. It was a picture of our family, as if she was trying to remind me of those times when we had little to worry about...

I reached out and took it. 

"Never... forget what you learned... from us..." she said roughly "what ever you do now, know I will always be proud of you... you always protect everyone around you, you need to continue doing that..."

"Mom, please don't speak..." I said putting the picture in my pocket and and put my other hand on hers "their may still be time to save you!"

"Nothing can stop that now... your sisters and brother made it to the escape shuttle, they need you, now go!" She ordered me. Before coughing and losing some of the light in her eyes. "Tell them that I love them..."

She then caressed my face, "and I love you... make sure they get out of here..." she said before losing the rest of her strength and collapsing on the ground.

My face was tearing up at this point. I did what I could to keep them from falling. I stood up and looked around and saw a dead cop. I ran over to him and started looking for his pistol. I found it and took the holster as well. I grabbed his extra mags and looked around. To my left I saw several groups of people being chased by these weird bird lookin aliens

 To my left I saw several groups of people being chased by these weird bird lookin aliens

And without a second thought I opened fire on them. I was a darn good shot and hit two of them in the head. But the other saw me and faced their shields at me. I kept shooting but it wasn't having any effect on the shields. They started shooting at me so I took cover behind some debris. I didn't have anything that could pierce the shield so I looked around, and I saw a dead marine. I pulled him behind the cover and looked over him. Hanging from his belt were some grenades so I took one and pulled the pin.

"Hope these work just like in the action movies" I said to myself before letting go of the striker lever, counting to three then throwing it. 

I didn't see were it went cause I didn't wanna get shot while looking so I ducked behind cover. I heard a loud boom and looked out from my cover. All the little monsters were dead. I looked back to the dead marine before taking his grenade belt and putting it on. Guess I was gonna need it a lot more then him. Got out from cover and started running towards the transport with the rest of the civilians. Every now and then their would be a  alien or two and I'd blow their head off,  but these civilian were making progress. I looked to my left to see a giant purple vehicle blowing everything to Hell.