XI

A bit warning? I guess. Please read with open mind and don't hate anyone in reality!

~~~

"Jennie?" Lisa's eyes widen at the sight of K's CEO standing before her, hands folded over chest, and first time in the past few weeks of busy days, not in women's suit but some casual outfit. Her eyes aren't as bright as they would every time she lays an eye on the Thai. Lisa picks at something not so right in the air surrounding them. "Are you okay? Do you need something?"

Jennie shakes her head, her eyes never taken off Lisa's, the sharp feline eyes don't look as intimidating as they are most the times, and Lisa can see the vulnerability in the chocolate brown pools.

"Can I come in?"

Lisa lowly gasps and steps aside, hand gesturing for Jennie to take the step inside.

"Of course! Sorry, I was just... surprised."

Jennie nods and steps inside the house, taking her shoes off and dragging her legs inside the apartment.

The model looks at her from her back, since the beginning of them meeting each other at the veterinary hospital, Lisa had never seen Jennie look like this, like she's looks sensitive and there's a possibility of her breaking right now in front of her. Jennie always stands at her tallest height; she makes the person before her look so small even if they are in fact inches taller than the feline eyed girl.

But that only comes to worry Lisa on the spot, because as she watches the brunette walk in her apartment, Lisa sees that Jennie isn't stepping on the floor as if she owns it, she doesn't look like a CEO at all, and what worries Lisa even more is... Jennie looks so broken that she might come crash down if the Thai tries to touch her even so tender.

She just stands at the side of her couch, watching Jennie making herself comfortable, taking the slippers off and pulling legs up into embrace on the couch kind of comfortable. She sits there, small and defenseless, staring down at the naked, shining floor of Lisa's flat. Her deep brown hair frames her body in itself, making her look even tinier.

Lisa bites her lips, not knowing what to do when somebody she doesn't know much about comes to her place, a few hours past evening looking nothing like herself, well, Lisa isn't really the best person to go when feeling down, not to others at least. She crouches down before the brunette, her hands carefully touching Jennie on her both knees. The Thai looks up to find Jennie now looking down at her, her eyes somewhat glassy.

"Do you want me to get you some water, Jennie?" She tenderly asks, her voice only loud enough to travel the space between them, not more.

The latter nods her head once.

"Yes, please."

Lisa stands up with a soft squeeze on Jennie's knee before walking towards her kitchen to grab a glass of cool water for the Korean who seems really damaged.

This is not like Lisa thinks Jennie has never felt down, but since the beginning, she's been a master of hiding what she feels behind thick curtains, and tonight the curtains are wide apart, displaying none other than Jennie Kim, looking less like a cold aggressive CEO.

She quickly texts Chaeyoung to cancel their sleepover night, saying she'll call tomorrow to brief her in. Then turns off the built-in speakers in her apartment to make silence for them only.

Lisa walks out of her kitchen with a big glass full of water, even from the perspective she's watching Jennie's back, she can see how bent down she looks. As if she's a soldier coming back from a massive war, defeated and alone.

The chestnut-haired puts the glass down on the coffee table and sits as close to the CEO as she can, thighs touching, and her hand finding its way to hold onto Jennie's softly.