7|Mr. Cuddles

Beeds of sweat coat my face as I continue to run around the field, surrounding the mansion

Beeds of sweat coat my face as I continue to run around the field, surrounding the mansion. I enjoy running because it makes me feel free.

"Lets race." Nicolas appears infront of me, jogging backwards.

My eyes go wide. I thought I was the only one out here. Not even the sun is awake yet.

I nod, and he takes off with me an arms length behind.

"How are you so fast?" I gasp for air, my hands on my bent knees.

Nicolas sat on a bench along the field, a water in hand. "You're just slow." He smirks.

Rolling my eyes, I take a seat next to him, enjoying the comfortable silence.

"When did you join me?" I'm sure when I left the room, he was sound asleep.

"I usually exercise around this time." He stands, streching his arms.

"Oh, I didn't know." I also stand, looking up at the sky.

"That's because you're dead asleep, clinging on to that stupid bear." He chuckles making fun of my bear.

"Hey! Don't make fun of Mr.Cuddles like that." I huff, folding my arms.

"You look cute when you're angry."

My cheeks feel as if their on fire. "Whatever." I roll my eyes.

***
"I'm so sory I left you alone with Zack." Rachel apologizes for tenth time today.

"I know and just like the other nine times, I accept your apology." We both collect our lunches, walking towards our usual seat.

She doesn't know what happened that night. I made up lie how he got drunk and was flirting with me. They have a great friendship and I don't want to ruin that.

"Hey, there's a rumour going around that your married to the boss. Is it true?" She finally asked. I know it's taken everything in her not to ask but she finally did.

"Attention!" I turn around, spotting Nicolas in the middle of the break room, his secretary who looks as if he's about to shit his pants right behind him.

"There's a rumour going around that i'm married to our new employee, Alessandra." He begins.

Please don't say yes. Please don't say yes.

I silently send a prayer to god, my fingers crossed on my laps.

"I am in no shape or from related to her. From now on, if anyone partakes in the sharing of these false rumours, you will be immediately removed from this premises."His tone is ice cold, leaving the room silent.

I know that's the answer I wanted but, I still feel hurt. I had thought that maybe we were friends?

"Well, that's my answer I guess." I turn my attention back to Rachel.

"Yup." I suddenly don't feel hungry anymore.

"I'm gonna go throw this away." I stand grabbing the tray.

She swallows her food before responding, "Aren't you hungry?"

"Nah, i'm good." I head over to the bin.

"I wonder who started spreading the rumour." She begins. "The boss wouldn't date let alone get married to someone like you. No offense."

The only thing I want to do right now is scream that she's wrong but then remember this is all a deal. Soon, it will all end and things will be like how they use too.

***
"So how is it working at the company." I take a seat at the kitchen island as Mary cuts up some fruits.

"It's good." I throw a strawberry in my mouth.

"I'm not sure if Nicolas has mentioned this to you but, his family will be spending the day with us tomorrow. Oh, you also have a holiday from work." She adds on the last part.

I almost choke on the strawberry. "I'm sorry what?"

"It's ok dear, they are going to love you." She chuckles.

"Uh ok." I say shaking in my pink fluffy slippers.

"Excuse me, what the hell did you do to Mr. Cuddles!" I shout as soon as I enter the room.

Nicolas was laying on the bed, one of his hand propped behind his head as he did god knows what on his phone.

"It was taking up to much space on the bed." He mutters, not looking up.

Mr.Cuddles was on the floor, near the couch. "First of all, Mr.Cuddles is not an it and second of all, the bed is big enough for five people." I hug Mr.Cuddles, placing him exactly where he was before.

He rolls his eyes, side eyeing poor Mr.Cuddles. "It- Sorry, Mr.Cuddles looks old."

"Hey! He can hear y'know." I place my hands on my hips glaring at him from across the room.

"Sure, and the walls can talk." He looks up, smirking at my face.

"Whatever." I stomp my feet like a child, heading towards the closet.