5|Welcome to the family, wife

The makeup artist adds lipstick to my lips before standing back and admiring her work

The makeup artist adds lipstick to my lips before standing back and admiring her work. "Let's get you in that dress!" She excitedly says, clapping her hands.

I only met her this morning when she showed up outside my door but it seems like i've known her forever.

"Thank you." I say as she helps with the zipper.

"Mr. De'angelo is going to have a heart attack when he sees you." She smiles.

I fake smile wanting this wedding to seem as real as possible. "He sure will." I laugh along with her.

"The wedding's about to start." Mary rushes into the room looking lovely in her outfit.

We rush downstairs to the backyard where the wedding will be hosted.

At the end of the isle, an arch was adorned with flowers surrounded by twinkly lights hanging on the trees above. Nicolas stood with his usual emotionless face with a black suit. The wedding was small with only around twenty guests.

All eyes turned to me as the music began to play. With each step, my pulse increased. After what felt like forever, I made it at the end of the isle and accepted Nicolas's hand.

We both stood in front of eachother, eyes not once straying.

"You may kiss the bride." That broke me out of my thoughts.

Nicolas grabbed me by my waist, pulling me towards him, pecking my lips. The guests erupted in cheers as fireworks exploded behind us.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife." The priest says with a smile.

"Welcome to the family wife." Nicolas whisperes in my ear with a smirk.

"I-" I don't even have time to respond before he's already walking away from the alter to god knows where.

***
"I'm so happy for the both of you." Mary says helping me get settled into Nicolas's room.

I said I was comfortable in my own room but Nico left specific instructions for me that stated I need to move into his room.

I interally roll my eyes at how bossy he sounded in the note.

"I know he may be a closed off person, but he just needs time." With that she leaves the room.

I stare at the door taking in what she said.

My ringtone makes me jump, dropping the jeans I was holding.

"Hell-" I say without looking at the caller ID.