Rescue Mission || Darkness Rising

In the autobot base, Optimus continued to address the humans and answer their questions. "And since you now know of our existence, I fear that as of last night; the decepticons know of yours."

"Got it. If we spot any strange vehicles, call 9-1-1. Can...we go now?" Jack responded. He was quite done with being here, and wanted nothing to do with whatever this was.

Miko punched him in the arm, "Are you insane? I'm living a dream here in botswana, and I will not allow you or anyone else to shatter it!"

Optimus Prime looked at the humans, "It is best that you three remain under our watch. At least until we can determine our enemies intentions." It was clear that not only Jack was uncomfortable with all this. Optimus seemed reluctant, but believed that this was the only way to keep the humans safe.

Ratchet stepped forward, "Optimus, with all due respect, the human children are in as much danger here as anywhere,"

Jack scoffed, "Children?"

     "They have no protective shell! If they get underfoot, they will go...squish." Ratchet stepped down on one of his pedes, emphasizing the point.

     The Prime looked at his friend, "Then for the time being, Ratchet, we must watch where we step."

     Suddenly an alarm went off, green lights flashing in time with the sound.

     "What's that?" Jack asked.

     Bumblebee turned to face the humans, ::That's our proximity alarm, someone is near the base.:: But his Cybertronian morse-code sounded like random beeps to the teenagers, considering none of them knew morse code.

     Well, Rafael did. And thanks to the bots' universal translators, Rafael heard human morse code rather than Cybertronian.

     "Proximity sensor. Someone's up top," he translated.

     Ratchet was looking at some screens, pulling up security footage. "It's Agent Fowler."

     Jack gave Optimus Prime a look, "I thought we were the only humans who knew about you guys?"

     Optimus looked sideways at Jack, "Special Agent Fowler is our designated liaison to the outside world, as he tends to visit only when there are issues. It may be best if you do not meet him at this time."

     The teenagers nodded and all ducked behind a large concrete structure. It wasn't exactly difficult to hide in such a huge place.

     There was a whirring sound, and an elevator door opened up on a platform. As soon as the door was open, Fowler started. "Seven wrecks, thirty-four fender-benders, a three-hour traffic jam, a collapsed overpass, and a particular note; numerous reports of a speeding motorcycle of unknown make, and a black and yellow Camaro, accompanied by a yellow Lamborghini. So, anything you care to get off your tin chest, Prime?"

     Optimus looked down at the human. "We have the situation under control, Agent Fowler."

     Fowler put a hand on his hip. "They're back, aren't they?"

     "If you are referring to the decepticons, I have doubts that they ever left. Your planet is much too valuable," Prime's expression was grave.

     "Then it's time to wake up the pentagon."

     Optimus' optics narrowed. "Hear me, Agent Fowler, we are your best - possibly your only - defense against the decepticon threat."

     "Says you," Fowler challenged.