Chapter 37

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍. 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞.

 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞

Levi's POV

" ... What do you think about me moving away to another state for residency? "

She asked, and I simply stared at her.. I didn't know how to respond.. I couldn't respond the way I wanted to respond. If I did, I'd push her further, fucking mess us up again. I ran my hand down my face as she waited impatiently for my answer.. what could I respond with?

" I don't.. know what to think, Tesoro.. " I muttered, and she sat up from my shoulder and gazed at me sadly.

" I haven't made a decision yet.. " She whispered, and I sighed, trying to remain calm.

" And that decision should be based on what will make you happy. " I spoke as I kept my eyes trained on the wall behind her television. What will make her happy.. I obviously did a shit job of that recently, and I had no one but myself to blame.

" You're upset.. " She whispered, inching closer to me, and I closed my eyes as her lavender scent filled my nose. I'm upset because I want to fucking lock you away and keep you all to myself-

" I'm not upset, Tesoro.. " I replied, and I leaned back slightly as she moved to straddle my legs, forcing me to finally look into her beautiful eyes as she sat on me. She played with my shirt's buttons as I gazed at her.

" It wouldn't be for a short time.. It's for four years.. " She muttered, and I ran my hands up and down her clothed thighs. This was my punishment for the trauma I'd made her endure.. for the fucked up way my mind operated.. Four fucking years.. We'd be separated for four years, though these last few months felt like an entirety. I don't know if I'd be able to last that long without her. But I'd lost the place to argue or beg her to stay. At least, I felt as though I'd lost it.

" I know.. " I replied, and she simply wrapped her arms around my neck as she pulled me close. Closing my eyes, I wrapped my arms around her torso and pulled her in even closer. Mi Tesoro.. I need to change for you, I will change for you.. and to do that, I have to let you go.. for now.