XLii| Pick up the phone

"I was feeding the kids."

Mira Atkinson got along very well with the Norris family but she had the best bond with Flo Norris to the point where they would meet up when Lando was at races

Mira Atkinson got along very well with the Norris family but she had the best bond with Flo Norris to the point where they would meet up when Lando was at races. In fact, Mira got invited to Lando's parents all the time, even when he was racing. His parents would always invite her to join them in a race if they were going but she was busy most of the time.

There was the day when Flo invited Mira to come learn how to ride a horse, something she had never done before and was also nervous to do. Flor assured her that she'd do a good job and be there every step of the way. Mira trusted her.

Lando was in Bahrain for the start of the season and Mira was getting used to being alone for short periods of time. She didn't mind too much but she always missed waking up with Lando there...although the cats did take his place in the bed and curled up to her chest.

Flo and Mira were going to watch the race together as well and Lando's parents had gone to Bahrain with him. Mira liked Flor quite a lot so she was glad they were hanging out.

"Okay, you got this Mira!" said Flo as she helped Mira onto the horse. "Delila is the calmest horse we have so she's perfect for you."

Mira nodded as Flo fed Delila a snack from her hand, allowing Mira to make sure she felt safe and secure. 

The gamer had always wanted to ride a horse but she'd never had the opportunity or the bravery to. She felt safe knowing Flo was a professional horse rider and that Flo was good at giving clear instructions for Mira to follow without complicating them.

"Hi Delila," Mira whispered as she stroked the horse's head. "Please don't kill me."

"Okay so we're just going to walk around and then she'll do a little run, okay?" Flo assured. "If you want to get off at any point, just shout at me and I'll get her to stop."

Flo helped Mira saddle up and put on the riding helmet. Flo showed her how to properly sit on the horse and hold the reins. Flo then led Delila around to the arena while Mira followed closely behind, practising her balance and getting a feel for the horse's movements.

As Mira became more comfortable, Flo taught her how to give Rusty commands like "walk", "trot" and "canter". They must have been there for most of the day before the sun started to go down but Mira would be lying if she said she wanted to go home.

"Oi, what are you doing?" Mira shouted.

Flo was holding up her phone as Mira and Delila galloped around with a grin on the blonde face. Cold March air blew through her hair that went wild in the wind.

"Taking pics for Lando!" Flo yelled back. "Proof!"

"Proof of what?"

"That I'm a better teacher than he is!" Flo laughed.