The plane ride

My family has been saving up for a few years to go on a trip to America to visit my mom (Amanda) sister.
We have finally saved up enough money to buy plane tickets and to live in a hotel.

We were on the plane, packed and ready for take off.

Since only three people can sit in a row on a plane my whole family was split up. And, unfortunately for me I was stuck with an old stinky man and a woman who took business calls every five minutes. But I told myself I will try and make the best of it.

I put on my noise cancelling headphones and started reading my book. My goal at the end of the flight was to have finished reading my dark romance book but instead of reaching my goal I fell asleep and was only woken by my mom at our layover stop.

There was about an hour before the plane took off so we all decided to get some food. My little brother Kaine was so amused by all the planes that we had to go and sit by a window so he could watch them take off.

I thought that back home it would only be 4pm so I decided to call my best friend Fiona. We talked about all the cute guys that are in America and all the shops that I can go shop at but our call was cut short when I had to get on the plane. Luckely it was just three hours left of flying.

I thought about all the things I could do when I was there. When it suddenly hit me, that I might have jetlag for three to six days and that our two week trip might only be one week long.

This time on the plane there was no one on either side of me, I was so happy to have a whole row to myself.

Finally the sound I has been waiting to hear "Fly Emirates welcomes you to America. The local time is 6:37pm. For your safety and the safety for those around you, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened and keep aisles clear till we are safely parked at the gate. Thank you."
We have finally landed.

When I got to the rest of my family I only realize how tired I was even tho I slept most of the plane ride. The rest of my family on the other hand looked wide awake and ready to start the day (if only it was day).

I now knew I would not have to worry about jetlag since I have adapted to the time change quite easily.