Chapter 1

Fear, it's that horrible feeling that when your head starts pounding, and your blood drains from your face. When you have that gut feeling that something is going to happen, and it's not good. The feeling that makes you want to jump out of your body and run and hide from this emotion. We all hate fear, but what happens when you live it everyday of your life?

*Audrey's P.O.V.*

I ran, I ran as fast as my legs could take me. I avoid as many traps and people as could. Finally, I arrived at me destination. I waisted no time punching in the passcode to quickly unarm the house for 15 seconds to get in. I hurried in and shut the door and then listened to the familiar robotic voice and it's message. "5..4..3..2..1. The house is armed and fully protected" the robotic voice announced.

Life is screwed up. I get sick of having fear eating me alive everyday, knowing I or someone I love could be killed. I know, this is everyday, someone could get hit by a bus or something. Life is short. But now, the risk of getting killed has risen. Anarchy has taken over. Not only is the purge one day of the year, it's now everyday. Only one day of the year are we purge free. For now, it hunt, be hunted, or hide and try to survive. I'm trying to survive.

I made sure everything with the security system was okay, then walked into the kitchen and placed the duffle bag I had slung over my shoulder onto the table. The impact from all the weapons in the duffle bag hitting the table made a loud noise causing my brother Cameron who was sitting at the table with the rest of the crew, to look up at me.

"Good, you came back in one piece," he says while smiling and standing up to hug me.

"Yeah, I love you too"I say while hugging back. I then open the duffle bag. "I got more weapons, ammo, medical supplies, and candy" I say while whispering the last part.

The boys chuckle as they look through the bag, choosing their weapons. Our crew consisted of my brother Cameron, Matt, Nash, Hayes, Aaron, Taylor, and myself.

"You know that boy you had a big crush on, almost an obsession before our lives got all screwed up?" Matt asks while everyone laughs.

I twirl a knife in my hands, while glaring at them. They instantly shut up. "Yes, I do. It was Sammy, and I still have a um crush on him," I admit while looking at them.

"Word is going around that he's searching for you, and he won't stop until he finds you. He wants you. Oh and Audrey, he's not the same Sammy you grew to like." Matt warns seriously.

Just as I was about to reply, the house alarm went off. Someone was trying to get in.

A/N: Hey peeps, hope you all like my story so far. Please vote and comment. I'd love to have some feedback, please don't be silent readers. So Vote and comment . The picture is of Audrey.
~Aaliyah

(Not edited)