one; not so happy campers, part 1

As my boat docked on a sunny June afternoon, I looked out at what appeared to be a crappy summer camp. Not what I was expecting at all for the set of Total Drama Island - it definitely wasn't what was advertised to us, at least.

The pictures on the application had looked too good to be true, I thought with a sigh. I grabbed my purple suitcase, glancing out at the dock. There stood actor/boy band singer/now reality television host Chris McLean, along with a goth girl, a girl wearing glasses, a buff guy wearing a shirt with a "D" on it, a blond guy in a cowboy hat, and a pretty girl with a blue bandana in her hair.

Chris waved to me as I exited the boat. "Taylor! How's it hanging?"

"It would be better if you guys had told us where we were actually going to be staying. This does not look like what y'all put on the website." I grumbled.

Chris had a guilty smile on his face. "Yeah. But we thought this might be nostalgic for some of you, don't you think?"

"Um, no? You can't make us stay here. This is totally false advertising!" I exclaimed.

"Actually, it isn't. It's all in the fine print of your contract." Chris grinned, handing me a stack of papers. I rolled my eyes and dragged my feet over to the line of teens, standing beside the goth girl.

"This is so not what I had in mind for this summer." I muttered under my breath.

The goth girl nodded. "Definitely not."

Another boat approached the dock, and a tall Asian girl emerged, dragging a pink suitcase behind her. She looked super pissed off - probably even more than I had been.

"Heather." Chris acknowledged. She didn't even give him a passing glance before stomping past him and silently judging the six teens in front of her.

The girl wearing glasses ran up to Heather, waving frantically. "Hiiiii! Guess we're your new friends for the next eight weeks!"

Heather backed away from Glasses Girl, and her introduction was interrupted by the sound of heavy metal music coming from another boat approaching the dock. A guy with a green mohawk hopped out of the boat, immediately looking as though he wanted to kill Chris McLean. I didn't blame him.

"Duncan! Dude!" Chris greeted the punk-looking boy.

He sneered back at the host. "I don't like surprises." He said, referring to the run-down setting of the show.

"Yeah, your parole officer warned me about that, man. He also told me to give him a holler anytime and have you returned to juvie." Chris crossed his arms smugly.

The goth girl beside me let out a small chuckle at this, and I did the same. Duncan snorted. "Okay, then."

He made his way to the line of teens as well, taking notice of Heather. "Meet you by the campfire, gorgeous." The punk said in a suggestive tone of voice.

Heather rolled her eyes at him. "Drop dead, you skeez."

Duncan, looking relatively unphased by this rejection, dropped his bags next to blue bandana girl. Heather was seemingly still upset about our lodging situation. "I'm calling my parents. You cannot make me stay here." She said to Chris angrily.

Chris whipped out another stack of papers similar to the one he had handed me, before another boat pulled up to the dock. A boy in a red jumpsuit trailed behind it on...water skis?

I groaned. These are gonna be the weirdest people I've met in my life, aren't they? I thought to myself.

The rest of the introductions were less than notable, besides that of Leshawna, who actually seemed pretty cool, and Bridgette, who came too close to hitting me with her surfboard for my liking. Once everyone was there, Chris clapped his hands together. "Alright, first things first! We need a group photo for the promos. Everyone on the end of the dock!"