XIX.

' he's not one of us '

"I CAME AS FAST AS I COULD." Hermione said, barging into the room. Ginny had just finished talking to her about Evaglines secret.

   Evagline was sitting on her bed as she looked up at Hermione. "Think I'm a monster now?" She asked slowly.

   Hermione scoffed, "What? No Eva, you're not a monster!" She exclaimed, going towards her friend sitting next to her on the bed. Ginny doing the same.

   Eva sniffed. "Eva look, me and Ginny are your best friends and we're sorry you have to go through this alone. But we're here to help, you need help and I will do anything to help you Eva." Hermione explained.

   Ginny smiled, Eva gave a weak smile.

   "So, you don't care if I become a Death Eater?" She asked, Hermione let out a chuckle. "No matter what you decide Eva, you're still my best friend, our best friend."

   "And besides, you don't have a choice anyways." Ginny added.

   Eva's eyes started to water. "You guys are like the best friends I could ever ask for."

   She laughed through her tears, causing her two friends to laugh with her.

   "We're here for you Eva and I promise you I will try and find a way for you to get out of this mess." Hermione said, pulling her friend into a hug.

   Ginny joined. Eva started to cry once again.

   "Thank you guys. I feel so lost without having my mum by my side helping me and Carol is like not helpful at all." Eva sniffled.

   "What does Carol even do?" Hermione asked, pulling away.

   "Nothing. He's just a reminder, that crystal ball I have-""You communicate with him through that?" Ginny asked, cutting Eva off. The girl nodded slowly.

   "But the thing is, I have to talk to him in private, so whenever I need to talk to him, you cannot be there." Her friends nodded, understanding her.

   "Well, it's getting late and you need some rest Eva. We'll see you tomorrow on the train okay?" Hermione said, fluffing up Eva's pillow so she can be comfortable.

   Eva nodded, "Yeah I'll see you guys tomorrow." She gave a smile.

   An hour passed, Evagline couldn't sleep. Her friends were gone, and her dad was sleeping downstairs on the couch.

   Eva kept tossing and turning, she was having a dream, or a nightmare.

  EVAGLINE WOKE UP to a knock from her bedroom. She got up rubbing her eyes and groaned. "Mum?" She spoke. "Hey love." Ellen responded.

   "I- '' Eva gasped, "What are you doing here?" "I came to see you."

   Eva was shocked. 'Is this real?', she kept asking herself.

   Ellen came towards the bed, sitting down. Eva's eyes started to water.

   "This isn't real-"