V

So... the story is going a bit slow, but it's just because I want to build up a whole world around them, it's not all about only Lisa and Jennie. And I think it'll be a very, very slow burn. Hope you've liked it so far. We'll get there eventually, just be patience.

-Nevi🤍

~~~

Lisa eventually convinced Jennie to accompany her and maybe give her some help. Lisa wants to think that Jennie did agree because she wanted to spend more time with her, what else Lisa could possibly do there? But then they enter the company, though it's late night, the whole place is on a routine as if it's the usual work hour. They all stop working once Jennie enters the room they are in and bow to her. One of them, a girl maybe at their age or a bit younger, rushes to Jennie with a tablet in her hand, her face is tired and worried. She doesn't even bother looking at Lisa like the girl doesn't even exist, only bows to Jennie and gives the tablet at her hand to read. She also starts to explain their situation.

"We have called everyone we knew. Some of them had already appointments, and others couldn't dance the choreo!"

Jennie sighs and scrolls through the tablet, from where Lisa is standing, she can see the names, some Lisa knows and some she doesn't. But it doesn't make any difference, knowing or not knowing. Jennie gives the tablet back to the girl and crosses her arms.

"Call the last two ones just to check them on the list... oh... and, Karina?"

"Yes, Ms. Kim?"

"Call everyone in the conference room in 20."

"Will do." The girl bows again and leaves.

Lisa sees the cold on Jennie's face disappears and worry sits back again, like the anxiety is not heavy enough she has to wear a mask of I have everything under control before her employees. The Thai takes one step closer and gives an assuring squeeze to her shoulder, it gets Jennie's attention and as if she has just remembered that Lisa is with her, the brunette shakes her head apologetically.

"You should've gone home."

"I want to help, Jennie."

"I know. But it's... there's nothing much you can do."

Lisa is about to say something, but a staff member comes to them, to Jennie mostly, and gives her another report of pure worry and that. Jennie gives him some words before heading towards the conference room with Lisa tailing behind her. She should speak up, but helping Jennie is one thing, and her anxiety kicking her in the ass each time she tries to vocalize her thoughts is another. She doesn't know what to do, or how to decide, so Lisa just follows Jennie inside the room and sits in one of the chairs that aren't around the table and is just at a corner, she doesn't want to bother anyone with her presence.

After ten minutes of silence in the room and Jennie tapping on the phone and laptop, people start to get in the conference room. Since it's late at night, only ones who are related with the project are here therefore the table has more unoccupied chairs than taken ones. Lisa is watching Jennie's stiffened hands typing on her phone and mentally scolding herself for not doing anything, not that she knows what she can do at all, just her mind screaming at her to try something. 

Jennie was with her in her hard times, so maybe she can just turn back the favor. The model is about to stands up when the door opens soundly and makes Lisa's head snap towards it.

She of course regrets it in an instant, there's no way in hell Irene would've walked inside Jennie's company at this hour. Lisa's entire body freezes as the dark-haired woman rushes her way to where Jennie is standing and gives her hand a warm squeeze. She knew Irene and Jennie are friends, she had thrown her a party, but what does it have to do with her being here because Jennie is trouble? What can she do to help? Is she jinxed? She can feel her heartbeat rising up but can't stop looking at the short girl who is able to give her nightmares just by sparing her a glance.