❀ The Court Hearing ❀

Author's Note : It's yet another mega chapter and an important one - CHAPTER 40 IS HERE! However I am not great at all in writing court proceedings and have no idea of legal nuances. Kindly overlook the mistakes in this chapter. Happy Reading.. ♥️

——— ★ ———

The sun rose on the big day.
It was indeed a big day for the entire family. Each one had their own anticipations about the court hearing, but ultimately everyone wished for truth to prevail.

As for Rojun, it could be said that they were even more anxious than they were on the day of their wedding. Wedding was an happy occasion that marked two families becoming one. However this was one of those mornings when tension was in the air. All were hoping for the best.

Roja was up early in the morning. She was in the pooja room praying fervently to God. She also recited the 'Kanda sasti kavasam' which was her daily ritual.
Just then kalpana came out of her room.

Kalpana : Kalailaye ready aayitiya Roja

Roja : Naa normal day laye ezhunthurven. Inniki evlo mukkiyamana naal, ready aagama iruppena. Inthaga athai, deebharadhanai eduthukonga.

Just then paati also came out.
She greeted Roja and Kalpana.

Paati : Kavala padutha Roja. Ellam nallathe nadakum. Innikana naal nammakanatha irukkum. Arjun ready aayitana ma?

Roja : Naa keela varapo kulichitu iruntharu paati. Naa poi paakaren

Just then Ashwin hurried down the stairs wearing a plain white formal shirt and a pair of black trousers. He held a case file and his lawyer coat in his hands.

Kalpana : Ashwin seriyana time ku than vanthurka pa. Saamy ah Nalla vendiko pa.
Inniki Unakkum Romba mukkiyamana naal

Ashwin : Kandippa Intha case la Naa en thiramai ah mulusa use panni vaathaduven ma. Anna enkitta ithuvaraikum uthavi nu ethuvum kettadhu illa, Naanum pannathu illa. Aana Avar enakkaga neraiya pannirkaru. Inniki athukku thirupi seiya oru vaaipu Enakku kedachirku.

Saying this Ashwin prayed to God and then took the fire offering.

Meanwhile Roja headed to her room to check whether Arjun was ready.

He was ready. He stood in front of the mirror combing his hair, wearing a beautiful black shirt and a pair of grey trousers.

"Wow sir! Intha shirt pant combination ungaluku Avlo super ah set aaguthu!" 🤩

Roja exclaimed happily unable to take her eyes off Arjun.

"Thank you Roja! Super ah thane irukkum. Select panna person appdi...!" 😉

Hearing his remark, Roja eyed Arjun curiously.
Understanding her question, Arjun continued -

"Enna Roja! Athukulla maranthutiya..! Naa unnode love ah accept pannina appram nee gunam aana appram itha Enakku aasai aasaiya gift panna...
Nee Enakku kudutha first gift Roja ithu..."