||~𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔗𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢~||

The loud chatter of the bar fills Hotaru's ears as she stares blankly into the crystal glass filled with amber tinted liquid

The loud chatter of the bar fills Hotaru's ears as she stares blankly into the crystal glass filled with amber tinted liquid. Though her senses are muddled from the amount of alcohol she's consumed she wasn't quite drunk enough to numb the pain that floods her heart. Memories that she had kept at bay for years came rushing back like an overfilled dam that had finally burst as the final drop that was visiting her mentor's grave was the catalyst to it finally breaking. She always prided herself on the control she had over her emotions. Just as she had told Kyusaku, emotional hurt was one of the easiest things to control but here she was losing control and succumbing to its violent waves.

This was a moment of weakness and in her weakness all she desired to do was drown in her drinks hoping it would numb her enough to make her forget even if it was just for a little while.

Unbeknownst to her a set of carefully attentive eyes watch her from a far their blue hues tracing her movements from her glass as she rises it to her lips over and over again. It had been quite a few hours of this dance and he didn't know how long she had been drowning before he had gotten there. Chuuya had spent much of the time that had passed from when he read her file to now researching anything that was available about the Chiba incident.

It had become an obsession to him; one he was sure that he and Dazai shared. There wasn't much beyond what his boss had already uncovered. The incident was meticulously covered up by the special division for unusual powers and the government themself. All that was left was the statistical details with nothing personal attached to it.

From what he had come to understand about that day between watching her ability and the little knowledge he had about what it could do he realized it had to have been the day her ability activated. It was hard to imagine someone so young having such a high kill count especially when they were not involved in any crime organization beforehand. Hotaru had been innocent before that. Never staining her hands in the blood of the innocent. The only person who knew the full extent of that day's events was Hotaru herself and call him crazy or maybe even selfish but he wanted to know about it.

As he continues to watch her drink more he stiffens. The more she consumes the more she seems to lose herself in the alcohol and she becomes blind to the lecherous eyes that stare at her. His hand tightens into a fist as he shoots a death glare at anyone that looks her way. Most recognize the promise of death if they continue on and they avert their gaze from the woman but there was one that seemed oblivious.