3 | not a love song

STARLIGHT
𝖺𝖼𝗍 𝗈𝗇𝖾 / 𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝗈𝗇𝖾

❛ 𝗌𝖾𝖼𝗋𝖾𝗍𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗌𝗈𝗇𝗀𝖻𝗈𝗈𝗄𝗌 ❜

Ally Dawson counts her songbook as one of the most sacred things that belongs to her — that nobody other than her sister and maybe Trish would understand because of the amount of personal things the book contains, that in her words 'she would die' if anyone reads even one sentence from the different diary or journal entries included.

So once the Dawson girl came into the realisation that her songbook was missing, Ally made it her mission to find it — involving Adelaide in the mess other than Trish who was sat at the piano reading a magazine.

"Trish, can you get off the piano bench so I can see if my book is in there?"

"Yeah, sure." Trish barely managed to move away from the piano before Ally did it for her, lifting the piano bench that had her drop to the floor with a yelp.

"Ah! It's not in there." Ally sighed before walking away from the piano to look into the tuba. Her action having Adelaide slightly concerned and went to speak when Austin did it for her. "I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the tuba."

Ally scrunched her eyebrows up in confusion and began to retract her arm from the instrument to see she had picked out an old sandwich that could have been stuck in the instrument for god knows how long.

"You were saying?" Adelaide raised a brow to the blonde-haired boy beside her, although she couldn't hide her disgust at the thought.

"What kind of disgusting person puts food in a tuba?" Ally stared at the food in her hand, filled with disgust until her facial expression was quick to change at the sight of Dez taking it out of her hand when he claimed the sandwich was his.

"Lost this a month ago." Dez chuckled, taking a bite out of his sandwich. His action making Ally walk away in disgust and past Austin who stared at his friend in offence.

"Dude, that's just wrong." The blonde walked to his friend. "At least share. Okay?" His mood change had the twins fall into bewilderment as they watched Austin grab the sandwich from his best friend before taking a bite out of it himself.

"No, that's just wrong." Adelaide shook her head and turned herself away from the boys and to the double doors to see Nelson pulling a piano in by a rope. "What the—"

"Hello, Ally. I'm here for my piano lesson." The young boy smiled at his music teacher who shook her head slightly, remembering the situation she was in. "Uh, now is not a good time, Nelson. And I've told you before you don't need to bring your own piano."