XXXiX| Circles

"You deserve the world. You deserve this."

Lando Norris enjoyed the winter break a lot more when he was with Mira

Lando Norris enjoyed the winter break a lot more when he was with Mira. He liked being around her whenever he could as her personality was just infectious. At this point, they were practically living together between their two homes with Thor and Loki as their cat children.

Having spent last Christmas with Lando's family, Mira was spending it with her two brothers, along with Lando and Marco Venturi. Marco was looking forward to cooking his famous chef spectacular...Mira had to break the news that while she was sure it was truly amazing, she couldn't eat it. Marco wasn't offended, Luke had explained Mira's eating habits and was happy to cook her whatever she wanted. Mira wasn't sure how Mike would take to Lando being there but she thought he might be okay as he was bringing his new girlfriend, Mika.

Lando and Mira were heading to Dubai with Quadrant in January, somewhere Mira had never been but was willing to go surrounded by the safety of her friends. She was scared but excited all at the same time.

However, it was only December 16th...and an important event was looming the next day.

"Mimi, I'm just heading to Max's to fix something," Lando commented as he pulled his jacket on. "I'll be like twenty minutes."

"Alright," Mira smiled as he kissed her cheek. "Can you do me a tinsie-tiny favour?"

Lando rolled his eyes with a smile. 

"Do you want me to pick up waffles?"

"I really want waffles."

"Y'know, I should really bring you back some Stroopwafels from the Netherlands," Lando replied with a chuckle.

"I won't stop you," said Mira with a grin. "Love you."

"Love you too," Lando called as he left.

Truth be told, Mira had been incredibly delicate in the last few weeks with the Pro-Championship coming to the final event. Mira had to win them if she wanted to win the championship and she hadn't really been handling it well. It wasn't just a game to her and the other competitors, it was their lifestyle.

While Mira was lucky to be one of the drivers who didn't need the money, she needed the consistency that it brought to her life and she had a family within the McLaren team. With millions of e-sports players, she could be dropped when her contract ran out...which it did this year.

Lando always told her to not stress over it and he knew better than anyone. He assured her that McLaren wasn't going to drop her if she came second because why would they drop an amazing driver?

"It's fine, Mira, don't stress," Mira told herself as she walked in circles. "Don't stress."

Walking in circles when she was stressed had been Mira's biggest stim from a very young age, confusing a lot of her foster parents. The flaw in this particular stim was that it never led anywhere good like some of her others that calmed her.