𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

quick note before i start. this is my first book, ever. so bare with me.

  ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

         the youngest sinclair ran through the trees. her brunette hair whipped through the wind. blood falling down her neck and onto her chest.

it was a normal morning. arthur, her father, set her a task to collect the newly grown strawberries that they had seen the evening of the day before.

it was a calm and cool late summer morning, cassia knelt down into the patchy grass, placing the fully grown strawberries into her woven basket. the girl was thinking about her 18th birthday that fell the following month. she quickly popped the red fruit into her mouth. oh how she loved strawberries.

snap.

cassia's head jolted to where the sound had come from. she swallowed the fruit, looking around herself and her feet, hoping for a rabbit or an animal to creep out.

whoosh.

she stood up, stepping back into the bush, enclosing the space between herself and the green leaves.
cassia had tried to keep her eyes open, not wanting to miss anything that went past her.
she blinked.

a sight of a person appeared infront of her.
her eyes widened and her lips parted. whatever was infront of her could no longer be human.

crimson blood trickled down his mouth. the dried blood stuck to his chin, his eyes were black and the veins under his eyes popped. his shirt that was once white, was now a dark red.

cassia was frozen, her mind was telling her to scream, to run, to do anything. but nothing happened, she could not move.

in a flash, the man infront of her sped towards, embedding his sharp teeth into her neck.

a pained scream finally erupted from her mouth. she begged and prayed her father or someone would hear he. she was not that far away from home.

she squirmed under him, putting a hand on the side of his face, an emitting red glow shone from below her hand.

the creature howled in pain and fell to the floor. cassia took this as her chance and ran. she ran faster than she ever has before, her small shoes fell off, being left behind in the forest.

whoosh

another scream sounded upon herself as the man appeared infront of her again. she fell to the floor. cassia scrambled up, heading back to the direction she came from. but the man was too quick. his arm wrapped around her and his teeth embedded once again into the same spot on her neck.

a squelching sound came from the man. his teeth released from her neck as he fell to the floor.

the dizziness crept upon her, not having the strength to turn around. she was falling to the floor but was caught by the person who had somehow stopped the man attacking her.

her eyes flickered, black spots clouding her vision before the black was all she could see.

her headache throbbed, pulling her out of her slumber. cassia brought her hand up to her head, heat and sweat was all she felt. her fingers traced down to her neck. it was smooth, like the recent events had never happened.