Chapter Four

"UNGH!" Aya grunted as she felt someone's hard boot slam right into her stomach. She doubled backwards and dropped to her knee. Her breath was fast, and her entire body ached. She felt like she'd been going at this for an hour. It had been ten minutes, "Man...maybe I'm not as tough as I used to be," Aya grunted, before standing up and raising her fists to fight. A challenger turned to see Aya stand up. He knew that if he was able to sneak up on her, he'd be able to take her out easily.

The challenger ducked and weaved through the battlefield, before coming up behind Aya and wrapping his arms under hers, pinning her arms to her side. He twisted her arms back and slammed her in the back of the head with his free hand. Aya grunted and fought back, stomping on the challenger's foot, causing him to howl in pain. As the challenger let go of Aya's arms, she whirled around and delivered a swift knee to his right side, following that up with a heavy slam into the side of his head with her left fist. The challenger whirled around and wiped a small amount of blood off of his chin, "You hit like a girl," he chuckled, "You  don't stand a cha-"

Aya didn't even let him finish, She delivered a swift roundhouse kick to his head, knocking the challenger unconscious, and disqualifying him from the rest of the event, "Sure," She spit out a small wad of blood out onto the unconscious challenger's body.

She looked around to see that while she was distracted, only about three people were left standing. Aya, Neera, and the young girl that they'd met in the lobby, Synergy. Neera looked around after finishing off her own opponent with a quick few jabs to the stomach, "Oh you've got to be kidding me," She growled as she saw that aya and Synergy were the only ones still standing other than her.

Synergy glanced at Aya, and then at Neera, "I really don't want to fight you two," She whimpered, tucking her tail between her legs.

"Then tag out," Neera growled, cracking her knuckles and stomping over to Synergy. Neera raised her arm to deliver a tough backhand to synergy, but was distracted by a shout.

"Neera!" Aya shouted, sprinting towards Neera and charge tackling her to the ground, "You're not gonna hurt a kid, are you?" Aya whispered as she pinned Neera to the ground.

"If we want to win this, then yeah I am. Spade could be the champion here, and the only way we're gonna be able to talk to him is if we win. If some kid is gonna get in the way, then we have to deal with them," Neera growled, letting out a soft huff as she was pinned to the ground.

Aya sighed, "Well...at least let me do it, alright? I know I'll go easy on her."

Neera thought about it for a moment, "Ugh...fine," She sighed, and crossed her arms. Aya smiled and leaned down, giving Neera a soft kiss on the nose.

"Thanks dear," Aya crawled off of Neera and stood up, "She forfeits," Aya shouted, pointing at Neera. Everyone in the stands cheered, hollered, and booed as the other contestants were moved off the playing field, so that Aya and Synergy wouldn't be bothered by them.

After the area was cleared, the announcer came over the stadium speakers, "Here we have the semi-final rounds tonight, battlesphere watchers! We have Aya-Fae of Shuigang, er...sorry, Aya-Fae of Shang-Tu! Versus, Synergy Cordear of Parusa!"

Aya stepped up to Synergy and put her hand out, "Good luck, kid," She smiled as Synergy eagerly took her hand and shook it.

"YOU TOO!" Synergy squealed.

The two separated, and took about twenty steps away from each other.

"THREE!" The announcer shouted over the speaker.

Synergy snapped her fingers, and two small fireballs erupted in her hands.

"TWO!"

Aya grabbed a device off her back and pressed a button, quickly transforming the device into her laser cannon.