🌹🖤 The Crimson Tyrant 🖤🌹 (Pt. 9)

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

The freshman finally finished peeling every single chestnut and after a while they all take a short break. "Haa... We're finally done with the peeling." Ace grunts in relief resting his head on the edge of the table. "Ugh... My arms hurt..." Deuce said while stretching his sore arms.

"You guys did great

"You guys did great." Grace compliments, sitting in a stool as she massages Grim's sore paws, since he wined about it. "How did you do stuff like this everyday!?" Ace asked her. "Welll... I don't know about Everyday, but it's very... VERY labor inducing." She admitted sheepishly.

"Nice work. It'll be all the sweeter for your pain!" Trey said. "I'll say. The smell alone already has me droolin'..." Grim mutters. Trey takes out a list of ingredients. "Next we just need to add butter and sugar to the chestnut paste, and a sensible splash of oyster sauce. That's my secret ingredient-."

"Oyster sauce?!" Deuce and Ace both screamed in shock and disbelief.

He nods. "Yep. The umami of oysters give the cream a deep, savory flavor." He picks up a bottle on the shelf. "I use this one here: 'Walrus-brand Young Oyster Sauce.' All the best bakers use it in their tarts."

"Really? But isn't oyster sauce like, super salty?" Deuce wondered. "Some folks put chocolate into curry, don't they?" Ace smiled. "Maybe it's the same idea."

"Ptff- Hahaha!" Grace suddenly burst out laughing, alerting them. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I couldn't take it anymore. Trey-senpai is messing with you guys." They both stared at her confused. "Huh?"

Trey started laughing as well. "She's right, I was totally lying! No one in their right mind would put oyster sauce into a pastry."

"What?! So you were just yankin' our chain?" Ace said. "Ah ha ha! I mean, if you'd used your brain, you'd have realized how ridiculous it was! Let that be a lesson to you two. Don't believe everything you hear." Trey lectured. Grace eventually stopped laughing, hugging her sides as she takes a deep breath. "I love you guys, but you two can be so clueless sometimes. Hehe." They became flustered, embarrassed for not realizing sooner.

"Feh. And here I thought that human was actually somewhat decent." Grim muttered to himself sitting on her lap. Trey put the bottle back on the shelf and read the list again. "Next, I'll put in the cream... Oh!" Trey's eyes darted from the ingredients to the list. Ace noticed his behavior. "What's wrong?" "You guys gathered so many chestnuts that we may have overdone it with the chestnut paste. I don't think we have enough cream to mix in."

"Then I'll go buy some. Do they sell it at the school store?" Deuce blurts out. Grace raised a brow.

"They sell pretty much everything, so... probably. Can I have you pick me up a few other things? I need two cartons of milk, two packs of eggs, some muffin cups, five cans of fruit..." Trey gave Deuce a list of things he needed. "I don't think I'll be able to carry all that back." Deuce turned to her. "Sapphire, could you come with me?" She raised her index finger to her chin. "I would like to see what the school store looks like.." She muttered. "Okay, I'll come with you." Grim suddenly jumps off her lap. "Then I'm coming too! I'm getting dizzy from all this stirrin'. I need a break!" Grim already made his way out the room. She rolled her eyes but followed regardless with Deuce by her side.