Chapter 33

𝚁𝚞𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚎, 𝚛𝚞𝚒𝚗 𝚞𝚜, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞.

Teegan's POV

" Have you heard from Alec recently? "  Beverly asked, and I shook my head as I told the partial truth

" Have you heard from Alec recently? " Beverly asked, and I shook my head as I told the partial truth.

" No, I haven't.. "

" And Dr. Harrison? " She questioned, and I sighed.

" Beverly. I'm going back upstairs.. " I said, growing slightly irate. Turning, I made my way up the stairs when she spoke again, making me stop on the way.

" You really couldn't just have given Alec a chance? " She asked, and I turned around and looked directly at her.

" What? " I muttered, confused, and she simply stared at me as she responded.

" I just don't get it. He was after you. He wanted to date you.. you didn't even bother to give him a chance. "

Stepping down the steps, I tilted my head in confusion. " Beverly.. he assaulted me and demeaned me. I told you that, and you're trying to tell me that I shouldn't have turned him down? I think you've had too much to drink.. " I spoke, and she practically fumed.

" That has nothing to do with this! What really matters is now you are dating the fucking devil, and for all we know, he could have done something to Alec. " She retorted, and I furrowed my eyebrows. The devil? Levi? 

" Beverly.. what has gotten into you? " I asked, and she crossed her arms.

" What's gotten into me is Alec has gone missing.. And everyone is acting like nothing happened. And you know something? I thought I was doing you a favor. Pushing you to be with the guy that I liked because he was interested in you, not me. " She said sincerely, and I bit my lip at her revelation. I had no clue she was interested in Alec. I knew she would often encourage me to talk to him, but she knew my dislike for him as well as the cruel things he's done to me.. and after all that, she still likes him?

" Bevs.. Alec and his father.. we all know they weren't good people. Alec did whatever he wanted, and his father allowed it and abused his power, too. "