Meet the Autobots || Darkness Rising

A green portal swirled and opened, as five autobots hurriedly jumped through and out of it - above the ravine where Cliffjumper had fought with the decepticon seekers.

     First an ambulance - Ratchet, a jeep - Bulkhead, a motorcycle - Arcee, a camaro - Bumblebee, and finally: a semi-truck, Optimus Prime the leader of the autobots. These were the autobots who were stationed here in America, and as they scanned the area, they saw no sign of Cliffjumper or the decepticons.

     Since there seemed to be no threat, the autobots transformed their weapons back into their servos.

     Optimus Prime looked down into the ravine, where the remains of energon were scattered about. "An untapped energon deposit," he murmured.

     "What's left of it," Bulkhead replied with a slight scoff.

    "First decepticon activity in three years..." Ratchet muttered. This was off putting. Obviously these past few years the decepticons would still need energon, but they didn't need it urgently enough to be obvious to the autobots. And uncharacteristically, Starscream hadn't shown any signs of aggression towards the autobots.

     Optimus glanced over at Ratchet, "If they're scouting for more energon, they may be preparing for his return." Arcee quickly jumped down into the ravine to look for her partner, Bumblebee following. As Optimus observed, he worried about what this could mean. He had hoped that Starscream's lack of aggression meant the autobots and decepticons could live in peace. But whatever happened here, he knew would prove otherwise.

     Arcee was looking around, gasping when she saw a horn on the ground. She bent down and gently picked it up, recognizing it as belonging to Cliffjumper. "No..."

     Ratchet saw this and headed down, walking over to Arcee. She turned and showed Ratchet the horn. Optimus Prime was behind the medic, and looked over his shoulder at the metal. "Ratchet, can you track his position?"

     Ratchet lifted his arm and opened up a panel which showed all of their signals. His mouth opened slightly in dismay. "No...Cliffjumper's life signal...just went offline."

     Arcee lifted her servos to cover her mouth. She closed her eyes, turning away from the group. Bumblebee beeped sadly, and turned to stare at Bulkhead who's optics were wide with shock.

     Optimus himself was devastated, but he had to keep his cool. "Is there anyway to identify the decepticons who attacked him?"

Arcee turned around, her servos clenched in fury and the rage on her faceplates obvious. "When Cliff called for backup, I think I heard a voice. I'm positive it belonged to Thundercracker, and if he was there so was Skywarp. And Starscream was probably leading them. The seekers jumped Cliff! He-" she cut herself off, folding her arms in self comfort and looking down. He didn't stand a chance.

Bulkhead stepped forward, looking at Optimus Prime. "Prime...should we call in the other team? It's one thing for the decepticons to show up and pick a fight, it's another for them to unfairly attack and offline one of our own!" His voice raised as he continued, and the wrecker smashed his fist into his palm furiously.

The red and blue mech looked at Bulkhead. "We will call them over to honor Cliffjumper, and then we will discuss our next move," Optimus then turned over to Ratchet. "Ratchet, contact Prowl, tell him to prepare to groundbridge over with his team."