18

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

I stay silent with the rest of the Great Hall the next day while Enzo holds my hand and I hold Cedric's scarf in my other.

It took all of my energy to get out of bed this morning, having barely slept at all. I didn't even bother to change out of Cedric's sweater and my black tracksuit pants. Last night, Monie had to sit in the bathroom with me while I showered because my body was too weak, and she was worried I would pass out. Blaise and Enzo kept their word by staying in my room for the night, even Draco turned up and stayed the night.

None of them have mentioned Mattheo to me and I think we all know that it's the best choice as of right now. All I know is that Theo was with him last night, which is why he didn't stay with us. At least someone was with him, even if I'm pissed at him because of his father.

"Today, we acknowledge a really terrible loss," Dumbledore starts, and tears well up in my eyes as I stare down at the scarf. "Cedric Diggory was, as you all know, exceptionally hard-working, infinitely fair-minded, and most importantly, a fierce, fierce friend." Tears silently stream down my face as I struggle to hold in my sobs as Enzo squeezes my hand. "Now, I think, therefore, you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered, by Lord Voldemort!" He raises his voice, and a sob escapes my throat, making a few heads turn to me as I put my head down and cover my mouth. "The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so, I think, would be an insult to his memory. Now, the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me and reminds us, that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events, the bonds of friendship we've made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that and we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest, and brave and true, right to the very end."

"I'm gonna vomit," I rush out and raise from my seat.

Heads turn to me, but I ignore them as I let go of Enzo and rush out of the Great Hall, covering my mouth with my hand as bile rises up, faster and faster. Once I pass the doors, I sprint into the courtyard and throw my guts up, coughing as I slightly choke.

"Let it out," Enzo says in a soothing voice while rubbing my back. "No one else can see you but us."

I throw up again as tears stream down my face faster until I start to dry heave. Slowly, I wipe my hand across my mouth and stand up to see all the boys, except Mattheo, circle around me to keep me out of sight from prying eyes.

"Where will you go this break?" Theo asks me as Enzo links his arm with mine and leads us toward the dungeons.

I wrap Cedric's scarf around my neck and shake my head. "I—I don't know," I admit weakly. "I was meant to visit him," more tears fall down my face, silently.

"I would let you stay with me, but my mother isn't a big fan of new people," Blaise says and gives me a sad smile as he throws an arm over my shoulder.

"There's no way I'm letting my father around you," Draco says as I look at him, noticing the small disgust in his eyes at the mention of my uncle. "He would corrupt you."

"Same with my father," Theo chimes in as we walk into the common room. "He can be an asshole."

I nod and look around at them. "It's okay. I'll figure out something."

"My parents aren't around but I live with distant family friends so I wouldn't be able to have you," Enzo says as he pushes open my door and we all walk inside.

I give him and nod and walk away from them, pulling out my trunk and opening it. They stay silent as they start to help me pack up everything I'm taking back with me.

"If you need any of us over the break, then just send a letter and we will be there," Draco says as he closes my trunk and I sit on my bed.

"Thank you, guys," I say to them softly. "For everything you have done for me this year and for welcoming me into your family."

Enzo bows with a smile as Theo starts to laugh. "We will always be family."

I look around at all of them as they start to talk about what they plan for over the break and I take in a deep breath, accepting the harsh slap from reality that Cedric is gone and will never come back, but this family is the reason why I haven't fallen apart completely.

• Author's Note •
And that's a wrap on the first book! I hope it was enjoyable and the second book will be posted asap!