15

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

I hear a thud near my bed making me groan and roll over on my bed. "She's gonna wake up," I hear Theo whisper making my eyes fly open.

"She's awake," I hear Blaise and then feel someone grab me, throwing me over their shoulder as I shriek.

I lift my head up and see all the boys standing near my door with sheepish smiles on their faces, and then I realize I'm on Mattheo's shoulder.

"What the hell are you five doing?" I shout and start to hit Mattheo's back. "Put me down! I'm in a nightgown!"

"Oh, I know," he says back and turns around, heading for the door.

"Merry Christmas, Valentina," Enzo says with a smirk.

I stop hitting Mattheo and smile up at them. "Merry Christmas, boys."

"Since this is your first Christmas with us," Draco drawls. "It's only fair you experience the tradition."

My smile drops as we walk out of the common room and the cold brushes against my bare legs. "And what is that tradition?" I ask nervously.

"You're about to find out," Blaise croons.

Cold winds make my body shiver as we step out into the courtyard and I look around seeing only a handful of students walk past, giving me odd looks. Mattheo places me down and hands me my shoes and cloak.

"Put these on and then we will tell you," he tells me and I hesitate but do as he say.

Once I finish tying my laces, I stand up and feel a sudden cold shock drip down my back, seeping through my cloak. I whirl around to see Enzo with a grin behind a tree, already armed with another snowball.

"Don't you dare!" I yell over the wind.

A snowball hits the side of my head and I look to my right and see Theo laughing at me. I duck behind a statue as Blaise throws a snowball. I ignore the tingles in my hands as they start to go numb while I form a few snowballs.

My black hair sticks to my neck as I look around the statue, trying to spot one of the boys. I spot Theo and Draco running toward Enzo and Blaise with snowballs. Just as Enzo was about to throw the snow, I pegged my own at him, hitting him in the face and making me laugh.

Draco swiftly throws a snowball at Enzo while he was distracted, making the four of them turn into a full-on snowball war between each other.

The sound of boots crunching through the snow makes me whirl around to see Mattheo halt in his steps, with his arm raised and a snowball waiting to be launched.

I shriek and sprint away from him, jumping for another statue but cold wetness hits my stomach making Mattheo laugh.

I throw a snowball at his shoulder, and he snaps his attention to me as I hold up my middle finger with a smile.

He forms a snowball and runs toward me. My eyes widen and I crawl to my feet and then start running away from him.

"What is this?" I hear Monie and look ahead of me, seeing her watching us six playing in the snow.

I quickly stop but a hard body crashed into mine and I fall onto the snow, landing on my back. I open my eyes to see Mattheo bracing himself above me with his arms pinned next to either side of my head.

The air catches in my throat as his face hovers a few inches away from mine. I feel myself blush as he gives me his famous smirk.

At that moment, I realize the gold flecks in his brown eyes that I would have never known about unless being this close to him.

My heart quickens as he looks at my lips and then back to my eyes.

With a handful of snow, I connect it with the side of his face making him groan as I giggle and roll out from under him.

"Sorry Matty," I shout over my shoulder as I sprint over to a smiling Monie. "Run!"

I grab her hand and she starts giggling as we both run for cover behind a wall.