13

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

Hush whispers and the sound of pages turning surrounds me as I tuck myself away at a desk in the far corner of the library. Since training every free moment with the boys, I haven't been able to study for classes as much as I wish to. Not to mention Cedric has been around me a lot more than usual. Just yesterday he found me after class and gave me a small basket full of flowers he picked himself. It's the sweetest gift I've ever received but also affection I'm not used to, at all. I can't help myself from blushing every time he kisses my cheek, and he knows it, which is why he does it and playfully teases me about it.

"Have you eaten?" A voice whispers to me and I look up, seeing Cedric standing in front of my desk.

I smile up at him and place down my quill. "Lunch isn't for another hour."

"Lunch was two hours ago," he tells me and then picks up my bag. "C'mon, I have a surprise."

I look at him puzzled but nod, closing my books as he opens my bag and tucks them in. He hands me his Hufflepuff scarf, and I hesitate but take it, wrapping it around my neck.

"Where are we going?" I ask him as we walk out of the library.

He throws my bag over his shoulder and gently holds my hand. "That's the surprise."

"Now I'm worried," I mumble, and he chuckles. "At least tell me there is food involved."

"Of course, there's food involved. That's why I asked if you ate," he says softly as we turn down the corridor leading toward the Black Lake.

We both fall into a comfortable silence as we leave the Hogwarts grounds and walk down a small hill. A smile blooms on my face as he leads us closer toward a picnic blanket spread out near the lake the different types of foods and flowers.

"Is Cedric Diggory taking me on a date?" I tease, knowing that I am blushing so hard.

He squeezes my hand and looks down at me with a smile. "If I was, then would you be okay with that?"

I nod my head happily making him chuckle as we stop at the edge of the picnic blanket. He lets go of my hand, placing my bag down as he motions for me to sit down. I sit down and look at the different types of foods like chocolate-covered strawberries and small pastries with fruits.

"I wasn't sure what exactly you like, but Enzo helped me as best as he could," Cedric admits to me as he sits down beside me.

I try to hide my surprise as I look up at him. "Enzo? As in Lorenzo Berkshire? A Slytherin?"

He nods with a smile at my shock. "That would be the one. I used to tutor him and he's the nicest one out of your friends, so I asked him for a hand."

I laugh and pick up a strawberry. "You made a smart choice with picking him."