12

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

"How are you feeling today, champ?" Theo asks me as I sit down, across from him in the Great Hall.

I groan and shake my head. "Too much pain."

Enzo chuckles and pats me on the back. "At least you're alive."

"Pat me again, Enz, and you won't be," I mumble as I look at him, feeling my back now starting to throb.

"Hey, Valentina," I look over my shoulder to see a Slytherin boy with black hair wink at me as he walks past with his mate.

"Piss off!" Blaise snaps and the guy turns away, hurrying up his pace.

"Do I even ask?" I turn around and face the boys, all of them glaring at people walking past.

"Since you won yesterday, every Slytherin can't stop talking about you," Draco tells me from beside me as I fill my plate with food.

I roll my eyes and start to eat my muffin as Mattheo sits down next to Theo, giving us a brief hello before eating his breakfast.

"Parcel for you, Miss Black," a voice says from behind me, and we all look up. I smile at the younger boy, taking the purple box from him as she walks away.

"What is it?" Blaise asks as he moves away my plate.

I place the box down and look up at him. "Have I opened it?"

"Someone is in a mood this morning," he mumbles, and I sigh.

I take the lid off the box, noticing a letter placed on top of a lavender fabric. I pick up the letter and open it, reading it to myself.

Dear Valentina,

I wish I could've written to you sooner, but as I said in Harry's letter, it's a risk at the time being. I heard how you passed the first task by taming a dragon. Gosh, you are your mother's daughter. I couldn't be prouder of my firstborn, and I know I will continue to be proud. Here is a dress for you that I hope you will get the chance to use soon.

-       Padfoot.

"Well? What does the letter say?" Enzo asks me as I place it down.

I smile at the letter from my father and look up at the guys who are waiting eagerly. "It's a dress from my father."

They all share surprised faces and I wave them off, lifting the dress out of the box. I'm sure my gasp can be heard through the hall as my eyes widen at the beauty in my hands. The dress is made with layers of pastel purple and dark purple vines woven into the skirts.

"You need to wear that to the Yule Ball," Enzo says excitedly.

I lower the dress and look at him confused. "What is the Yule Ball?"