6

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

I walk into the Great Hall a few days later with the guys as we push past groups of other students.

"Sit down. Please," Dumbledore says, raising his voice.

I quickly sit down next to Cedric who smiles at me while Enzo sits down on my other side with the boys.

"Now the moment you've all been waiting for: The champion selection," Dumbledore says as everyone goes silent and watches him hold his arm up, moving toward the Goblet slowly.

The blue flame from the Goblet turns red and whispers erupt around us. A piece of paper shoots out and Dumbledore catches it. I can feel my anxiety rise through my body, wondering whose name is first.

"The Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum," Dumbledore shouts and I watch as Krum gets congratulated by his friends as he walks toward Dumbledore, shaking his hand.

"That wasn't much of a surprise," Draco mutters and I snort.

Another piece of paper shoots out and Dumbledore catches it. "The champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour," The Beauxbaton girls cheer for Fleur as she smiles and walks over to Dumbledore, shaking his hand.

Now that leaves Hogwarts.

Dumbledore catches the piece of paper before even being able to let go of her hand. "The Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory!"

"Oh, my god!" I exclaim and Cedric faces me with the biggest smile as the hall erupts in cheers. He pulls me into a hug that takes me by surprise, but I squeeze him back, congratulating him.

I let go as we pull away and he gives me another smile, walking toward Dumbledore.

"At least it wasn't someone we care about," Theo mumbles as I face the boys.

"I care about him, Nott," I glare at him, and he puts his hands up in defense, saying sorry.

"Excellent!" Dumbledore shouts with his arms open and I spin back around facing him. "We now have our three champions. But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory, the Triwizard Cup!"

He spins around on his heels, pointing to a chalice on the professor's dinner table that is a glowing light blue. The hall goes loud with chatter as we all stare at it and clap.

The hall quiets down as the Goblet of Fire starts to glow brighter and the flames dance around in circles. Dumbledore walks toward it and then it glows red again shooting out two pieces of paper. He catches the papers and stares at them for a long moment, before looking around the crowd with a pale face.

"Harry Potter?" He says and I feel my heart drop for Harry. "Valentina Black?"

At the sound of my name, my breathing stops, and I feel the whole world shift under my feet. He must be mistaken. Maybe I misheard him?