1

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

"Valentina," I hear a soft voice call my name from behind my door. "Breakfast is ready, dear."

I quickly slip on my grey jacket and shoes. Two days ago, I was dropped off here—at the Weasleys. I had no idea that I'm a witch until Remus dropped me off here after my mother and sister were murdered in my home. There's so much to learn and know about this wizarding world that I'm struggling to take in. Thankfully, Ron and Harry have been helping me with learning even if it's slightly awkward between the three of us.

I open my door and rush down the stairs, but as I get off the last step, a body crashes into mine and I stumble back, tripping over.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" A female voice exclaims as hands grip my shoulders.

I laugh and shake my head, looking up and into soft, hazel eyes. "It's fine. I wasn't looking where I was going."

"You must be Valentina," the curly-haired girl says with a warm smile. "I'm Hermione, but you can call me Monie."

She helps me up and I brush the dust off my hands. "Nice to meet you, Monie."

"Are you joining us for breakfast?" She asks and I nod my head. "Well come on then," she grabs my hand and pulls me into the kitchen where everyone else is seated.

"Sit. Sit," Molly rushes us to our seats before placing a plate full of eggs and bacon down before me. "Now eat up, both of you."

I thank Molly for breakfast and silently eat my food as Hermione joins in the conversation with Ron and Harry about what they hope to happen this year at Hogwarts.

"You excited for today?" I turn my head and see Fred smiling down at me. What could be happening today that I'm excited about?

"I'm not sure I know what you're talking about," I admit to Fred and both him and his twin grin at me making me slightly worried about what they have planned. Since I've arrived here, they have pranked me constantly which has been a great distraction but now I know that they always have something up their sleeve.

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

"Ron, where are we actually going?" Harry asks Ron as I hold onto the straps of my backpack, walking away from the Weasley house and into the woods.

"Don't know," Ron replies from beside me. "Hey, Dad! Where are we going?"

Hermione loops her arm with mine and pulls me toward Ginny as Arthur turns around. "Haven't the foggiest. Keep up!"

"Should I be worried?" I ask Monie quietly and she snorts, shaking her head.

She keeps her arm linked with mine as we continue deeper into the forest, making my anxiety rise with each step. Where the hell could we be going?