Prologue || Darkness Rising

Designs

Thundercracker:

Skywarp:

None of these belong to me, I got them off of google searches and I'm lazy

-----------------------------------------------------

A red Plymouth Barracuda was speeding along a road, in what seemed to be a desert. As the car drove along, a voice spoke up.

"So there I am on the lookout, when out of no where these high beams light up my rear view. And then it hits me: I'm illegally parked!"

A voice spoke up through the intercom, sounding annoyed. "Another parking ticket?"

The red car chuckled. "Better. The boot." He was rather proud of himself.

"Big metal tire clamp, impossible to remove," the other voice mused, entertaining the story.

"Bingo! So the local police do their thing, and I let them get all the way down the block. That's when I kick off my new shiny shoe, and bang!"

"New York's finest soil themselves,"

"You know me Arcee, mess with Cliffjumper-"

"You get the horns," Arcee finished. Cliffjumper laughed. The familiar laugh Arcee had grown to love. "Not sure how that complies with Autobot rule number one: keep a low profile?" she was just teasing, but the motorcycle had a point.

Cliff kept driving, talking over the comm. "What can I say? Patrolling for energon out here in dullsville gets lonesome. Almost makes me miss the decepticons."

Arcee scoffed, a bit of contempt in her voice. "Like Jasper Nevada's a party? We're alone wherever we travel on this rock Cliff," her voice dropped a bit.

Cliffjumper was about to respond, but a signal on his GPS went off. "I'm getting a signal," he focused on it. Probably an energon deposit.

"Need backup?" Arcee asked.

"Do I ever need backup?" Cliffjumper replied confidently. He then sped up, drifting off the road and onto the dirt - following the signal. It wasn't long before the red Barracuda skidded to a stop at the top of a ravine. He transformed, looking down. There were a bunch of blue energon crystals, just what the team needed.

Cliffjumper tapped back into the comm link with Arcee. "I just found a whole lotta energon!"

He paused, looking up. The familiar sound of a portal sounded above him. A purple spiral swirled in the sky, soon followed by the appearance of two jets.

"I can't believe I have to take you with me to check out the signal. I'm first lieutenant now, I can scout for some blue crystals on my own." a voice boomed from the blue and red jet, the other being purple.

"Acting first lieutenant. And is it really so bad to go on a mission with me? It's been forever...I wish Starscream could join us,"

"Shut up!"

"Scrap," Cliffjumper muttered. The blue one, known as Thundercracker, had spotted him.

"Skywarp you scraphead, stop talking! Autobot, 5 kliks ahead!" Thundercracker yelled. But before he could give an order, Skywarp panicked.

"Autobot? Attack!" The seeker then dived, aiming his missiles at Cliffjumper and firing. The autobot quickly jumped out of the way, landing in the ravine.

Thundercracker and Skywarp transformed and landed, the former smacking Skywarp across the back of the helm. "Watch it! We don't want to ignite the energon and render it useless," he then turned to face Cliffjumper. "Surrender, and we can avoid an unnecessary fight."

Yeah, that wasn't going to happen. Cliff tapped back to the comms. "Arcee...about that backup."