Chapter One

Kennedy Yeager's POV

I sat on the front porch of my brother's house waiting for my niece Tessa to arrive home from school. I've been saving money for her to go to college, knowing that my brother is in a tough spot and doesn't like asking for help. I know that if I do this it will make him mad, but maybe if I spill the news of what happened to me during the Chicago War, it will be okay. Right? Who am I kidding he's going to be pissed. 

I was friends with Sam Witwicky before he went into hiding and was caught in the crossfire of being with the Autobots. Sentinal Prime wanted his kind to flourish so he developed a way to make human females into Cybertronians. I was the first to be tested since I was the spark mate of Optimus Prime. It was successful and Optimus was furious, he was grateful that we could officially be together without his hologram all the time, but he didn't want me to be forced into that life. Right after the war, all the Autobots went into hiding, and I left to be with my brother. Optimus said he would come and find me when the time was right, but it's been five years, and I am slowly thinking that Opt has been hunted down. 

I looked up from my book to see Tessa walking up the driveway with the mail and a wagon of stuff my brother's dream. I smiled and stood up, ignoring the Robodog, "Tessie. How was school?" Tessa smiled softly, "It was great. The girls and I are ready for no more high school," then she frowned, "I was rejected because of no financial aid." I kissed her head and cups her cheeks, "How about tonight you apply again?" Tessa scoffed, "Aunt Ken, they won't-" 

She stopped talking when I held up a book of numbers, "What is this?" I smiled, "I've been saving for you to go. I know my brother is a pain in the ass, but I want to help. Don't tell him." Tess smiled widely and hugged me, "Oh thank you! Thank you so much! This will cover so much! Wait. Why would you give me almost five hundred thousand dollars for college? I don't need that much." I snorted, "Part for your college, and the other part is for you and your boyfriend." Tess paled, "I don't have a boyfriend." 

I grinned at her, "You can't lie to me, I know you do. Maybe one day I'll tell you who I'm married to." Tessa smiled, "I still can't believe that you're hiding that from Dad." I went to say something but the guard dog was at my legs, "Intruder alert! Back away from the premises!" I rolled my eyes and followed Tessa back inside, "Voice recognition. It's us!" The dog ignored me, "I am dialing 911." I laughed, "Go right ahead!"  

As Tess went to her room, I looked outside to see my Alt form: a Red Chevrolet Suburban. I drove it every now and then just so my brother didn't get suspicious, but I couldn't transform without someone noticing. I stood in the kitchen making dinner and then looked outside to see my brother and Lucas towing a truck up the driveway. It was beaten up and destroyed, I then groaned, knowing that he spent money to fix it. 

I walked outside to the porch and crossed my arms, walking towards Cade with Tessie behind me. "A truck?! Dad, please tell Aunt Ken and me that you didn't spend our money on this." Lucas stood up, "Oh, no. Don't worry, he didn't. He spends my money. One hundred and fifty bucks." Cade pointed to Lucas, "As an advance on your regular paycheck." Lucas put his hands on his hips, "What regular paycheck?" 

Cade sighed, "Which you will get back." Lucas looked at me, "When?" Tessie turned around slightly as she was walking away, "Never. We're broke." Lucas looked at Cade, "I knew it." Cade looked at me for help and I shrugged, "She's your daughter." Cade sighed, "Sweetheart, could you please not drive a wedge between employer and employee? I get that enough from your aunt." Lucas looked confused, "Hold on. I thought we were partners." 

Cade sighed, "Look, I came up short, okay? I had to buy her a prom dress. I didn't want to ask Kennedy for help. You want me to deny her a prom dress?" Lucas shook his head, "You might as well. You denied her a prom date. Besides, Kennedy has always said she would help." Cade pointed to himself, "No, I offered to take her and chaperone. She said that she would rather have her aunt there." I smirked as I remembered that conversation, Tessa came up to me and asked for me to chaperone just to get Cade to shut up and I told her that I would pretend to chaperone so she could still have her prom date with no parent in the way. Look, I'm supposed to be the fun Aunt, not the brother follower that has dumb rules and is too cautious. 

Lucas shook his head, "No one wants to go to the dance with their dad or aunt. It's weird." Cade narrows his eyes, "It's not the issue." Tessa nodded slowly, "Maybe it should be." Cade looked offended, "Hey, could the three of you just get off my case? Do you know what the engine on this runs for? I can break it down and strip it into parts. Sweetheart, Ken. Your shorts are shrinking by the second, okay? Cold water, air dry please." 

Tessa groans and walks back inside as I just look at my brother, wondering when he went crazy. Lucas looks at Cade, "I think your sister looks hot." Cade looked at him, angry, "What did you say?" Lucas panics, "It's hot outside, so she looks hot." Cade glares, "Great cover. Kennedy, can you help me with the truck, please?" 

All of us walk inside the barn, shuffling things around so we can fit Cade's latest buy inside. I walk to the front of the semi and saw something out of the corner of my eye: Autobot insignia. I smiled widely, realizing who this is and finally happy that I know he is alive. "Cade, I'm going back to the house. I left something on the stove," I called out and told him, receiving a, "Okay!" 

I got into the house and looked around to make sure that no one was around. I sighed and smiled, remembering the great memories that my family and I had. Sam and Carly. I miss them. I looked outside to see the realtor and smirked, knowing that she was just playing a prank on Cade. I paid off the house four years ago and paid her a good sum to just give Cade stress. I didn't want him to know that I've been helping him throughout the years. My brother doesn't like asking for financial help and doesn't know that I've been saving. I sighed, looking back out the window to see Tessa go off with her friends and Cade looking sad, he's trying, but he's pushing her away too.

I walk out on the porch and stand beside him. Cade sighs and looks at me, "How come she listens to you?" I smiled, "Cade, she does listen to you, but it just helps that I'm a female. She misses her mother and she needs someone to fill that gap. She's worried about you when she leaves." Cade chuckled, "She shouldn't be. I'll have you when she leaves." I teased him, "You don't listen to me. Now, let's go fix this handsome truck." Cade snickers, "You and your cars."

We both walk into the barn and Cade quickly puts out the fire while I walk to the truck. "Something in here needs to make this family some money," Cade said, stressed out. I sighed, "Cade, I need to tell you something." Cade looked at me and tilted his head, "What?" I bit my lip, "I paid off the house four years ago, the realtor is just giving you a hard time. Tessa applied for her dream college again and I've put aside some money to pay her tuition." Cade stared at me, "You what?! I thought I said-" I cut him off, "I am part of this family. You raised me throughout my high school years. I wanted to help this family. You. Tessie. I did this without you knowing so you didn't lose anything." Cade teared up and hugged me, "Thank you so much. I know I act like a hardass, but this means so much............ Can you pay Lucas?" I teased him with a smile, "He's being an ass. He's been getting a paycheck the whole time." 

Cade laughs, "What would I do without you?" I smiled, "Crash and burn big brother. Crash and Burn."