Lettuce, Lettuce, Lettuce

All I remember was waking to the sun at the window. A gentle breeze blowing through running across my face. Sweat drenched on my body and hay underneath a thin rough blanket. I get up feeling groggy, fatigued, sore, and most of all practically emotionless. I walk across my wooden floored bedroom and grab a metal handled cup from the table. Not thinking twice about drinking whatever was inside the cup. Feeling a bit better. I throw on a rough shirt covered in dirt, a pair of pants covered in holes and dirt, and a tattered pair of cloth shoes. Grabbing harvesting tools I head outside. Head after head. I start harvesting. Lettuce, carrots, potatoes, squash, but most of all LETTUCE. Lettuce, Lettuce, Lettuce, and yes. More Lettuce. It's like I couldn't have enough. What am I going to do with all of it you may ask? I'm a farmer living on a small farm a ways away from any village or city. Every once and a while I'll get some visitors in the form of adventurers. Some are nice... others... when I see them for some reason I get aggressive and attack them. Every time it's like someone else is in control. I just freak out and lose it. I only have memory from the past few weeks. I only speak a few words ever. "Heyya.", "It's not easy being a farmer.", the taxes set by the capital are slowly draining me.", or my personal favorite "I think I need more mead." Obviously there are more things I talk about. But, it feels like my words aren't my own.

The sun is set high in the sky. Beaming down on everything around. The thick green forests, the golden yellow field, the sound of plenty of animals, and the smell of nature in the air. The sky as blue as the seas.

I stay to the same routine every single day. Drink from the same cup, eat the same foods, wear the same clothes, harvest the same stuff, and sleep at the same times. It was the normal. Hard work, sweat, and tears. It was never ending. My second week of memory. I had my farm attacked by goblins. They ate all my crops, soiled all over my soil, and luckily they hadn't gotten my house. It was a small house. Built from wood and some iron. I had a nice little fire pit outside of it. Here I would warm up in the mornings, cook, dry off after bathing in a nearby lake, or just wanting to stay up a few extra hours on my days of rest. I always took the 7th day as a day of rest. I hadn't the faintest idea why. But, it just felt natural. All of this was destroyed in a couple of hours of goblins tearing about. But, then. A group of adventures came to my aide. Five of them. They called themselves a guild. The name "Longhorn Exterminators." They said that goblin hunting was their specialty. They destroyed the goblins with their magic, swords and bows. In an absurdly short amount of time. They came and they left just as quick. This last week the third week. A vendor came through the area. So, I had a chance to trade some of what food I had let for items I needed to fix up my farm. Seeds, tools (a new axe, a saw, and a new hammer), lots of mead, and some ice. Just the simple stuff. Since then it's been chopping down trees, crafting areas for animals (I want to get some livestock soon), patching broken parts of the house (for example my leaky roof), and finally drinking alot of mead. It was one of my favorite things to do. Work hard, sweat, eat, drink, and sleep. Day in and day out. I finally decided today. I'm going to do something different. I was low on water and I knew of an area nearby that the Vendor mentioned. A waterfall where I could get some good quality drinking water. So, I got up. Got myself warmed up, dressed, and fed. I make sure to grab my two big wooden barrels to collect water. Time to head out. I strap the barrels to my back using rope and I'm on my way.

The sun rising above the horizon, morning dew on the grass, the wind gently blowing, sounds of birds chirping flooding the area, and a NPC ready to start his day.

It was a bit chilly in the mornings. So, I tend to warm up first. Today is special. I never go far away from the farm. I feel a bit too nervous. Like, something is begging me to stay close. As I make my way across the field beside my farm. I get an odd feeling. Almost clenching at me from the insides. My legs feel heavy, my head light, and my arms tingly. It's physically weighing on me. I keep walking through the field. Bent on leaving because I really need the water. The further I walk. The more I feel fatigued, sick almost, and want to give up. Finally, it's almost like something snapped. The feeling gone as soon as I was ready to give up. So, I make my way down a path across the field into the woods.