𝟎𝟎𝟖. weird interactions

𝕭𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗢 𝗬𝗢𝗨
╔════ ❛ ❜ ════╗
࿐ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ⁸
— ❪ 162 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘭𝘦𝘴 ❫ ✮
╚════ ❛ ❜ ════╝

AURELIA WOKE UP to Elena writing in her journal. She seemed deep in thought, so, she just got up and went into the bathroom. There were then knocks on the door, "Yeah?" Aurelia responded.

"The sheriff wants to question us about some things later, okay?" Elena informed. Aurelia was confused but mumbled an 'Okay' anyway. Elena said they always had new toothbrushes in case someone slept over last minute, so she quickly took it out of the glass and started brushing her teeth.

After she was done in the bathroom, she walked out to see Elena on the bed, looking sad as she lied down in her bed, "Your turn." Aurelia didn't know whether to talk about what was bothering her friend or not. Elena gave her a small grin before getting up.

A pair of low-waisted jeans and a beige button-up cardigan, besides a sweater Elena also placed for Aurelia to choose from. The brunette had a smile on her face in gratitude and picked the sweater with the jeans. For a moment, she thought about wearing the other top but quickly shook that thought away as her insecurities suddenly popped into her head.

She quickly changed incase someone were to walk in at any moment. She then brushed her hair and put it up in a simple bun. Her shoes, thankfully, matched. Black and white Converse that go with everything—which is exactly why she chose it.

Soon enough, everyone was in Jenna's car, on their way to get interviewed by the sheriff. They argued about who would sit in the passenger seat, and Elena argued that she was older and she would sit next to Jenna. Aurelia didn't interfere with the banter as she truly didn't mind who sat where. They ended up agreeing that they would swap places on the way back, causing the argument to end faster than usual.

Aurelia sat in the back with Jeremy, which wasn't as awkward as she originally thought. They talked about school and their music taste, "You have got to listen to my favorite artists with me!" Aurelia excitedly said.

"I think our music tastes are very different." He furrowed his brows, however, a playful smile was on his lips.

"You'd be surprised," Aurelia laughed, "I basically listen to every genre."

"Okay," He nodded. An impressive expression was written all over his face; a downward smile as he nodded along. Elena looked back, seeing them interact, thanking God her little brother wasn't sobbing his eyes out. And surprisingly, she owes it all to Damon.

Although she was grateful for Damon erasing his memory, she couldn't shrug off the feeling of guilt because of what she did to Aurelia. Yes, the two deserved a right in what would happen in the situation—especially when the supernatural world is so dangerous, but she thought it was for the best.

She would imagine Aurelia being so unimaginably confused, even though she held herself together yesterday considering the circumstances. Elena badly wanted to tell someone, anyone, about everything; but she couldn't. She could only talk to her ex-boyfriend, Stefan.

The elder Gilbert could tell her friend was close to tears yesterday, yet stopped herself since Elena was a wreck. A few tears rolled down Aurelia's cheeks yesterday, but that was it. She didn't have a breakdown like Elena; however, Elena doesn't know how much crying Aurelia does in a day.